|Years active||2007 – present|
|Associated acts||Flying Other Brothers, Jefferson Starship, Phil Lesh & Friends, Hot Tuna, The Saturday Night Live Band, Rod Stewart|
|Past members||G.E. Smith
Moonalice is the band formed from previous members of the Flying Other Brothers. The band has been touring since May, 2007, and has come to the attention of music critics. The band is currently made up of four musicians, and led by businessman Roger McNamee. Their eponymous debut album was recorded and released in 2009. They recently released the first of a series of E.P.s named "Daves Way," featuring mostly new material.
The band has been consistently touring the United States and Canada since 2007 with several tour dates in 2009 featuring Jack Casady. John Molo joined the band in early 2009 and guitarist G. E. Smith left the band after playing his last show with them on December 31, 2009. The band has no plans to replace him.
On August 28, 2012, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced that the digital logs for the Moonalice song “It’s 4:20 Somewhere” had been acquired for the Library and Archives, "Libraries and archives collect, preserve and provide access to the materials that best capture important moments and movements in history, regardless of format, and the Moonalice logs help tell the story of music’s digital revolution; specifically the rise of direct-from-artist (DFA) distribution. Moonalice is the first band without a label to achieve one million downloads of a song from its own servers, direct-from-artist. “It’s 4:20 Somewhere” has been downloaded over two million times."
- Current members
- Roger McNamee aka "Chubby Wombat Moonalice" – bass, guitar, vocals (2007–present)
- Pete Sears – bass, keyboards, accordion, vocals (2007–present)
- Barry Sless– bass, guitar, pedal steel guitar, vocals (2007–present)
- John Molo- drums (2009–present)
- Former Members
- G. E. Smith– bass, guitars, vocals (2007–2009)
- Jimmy Sanchez– drums (2007–2009)
- Ann McNamee aka "Blue Moonalice" – bass, percussion, vocals (2007–2012)
- Occasional special guest
- Jack Casady – bass (select dates only) (2007–present)
- Fill In Members
- Curt Bisquera – drums