|Category||Super GT GT300|
|Suspension (front)||Double wishbone Pushrod with 3 Way adjustable dampers|
|Suspension (rear)||Double wishbone Pushrod with 3 Way adjustable dampers|
|Axle track||1630/1625 mm|
|Engine||Toyota 90°V8-DOHC32V- 4.2 l naturally aspirated. Mid-engined, longitudinally mounted.|
|Transmission||X-Trac 6-Speed manual sequential|
|Tyres||Advan 300-640x18/355-710x18 (275-620x17/330-700x17)|
|Notable entrants|| Cars Tokai Dream28
|Notable drivers|| Kazuho Takahashi
|Debut||2006 Suzuka 300km|
|Constructors' Championships||1 (2007)|
The Mooncraft Shiden (also known as 紫電, SHI-DEN or MC/RT-16) is a Japanese Super GT GT300 class prototype race car. The Shiden is a joint venture with a body designed by the Japanese automotive design company Mooncraft and produced by the American racing car manufacturer Riley Technologies.
Shiden 77 (1977)
The original Shiden, known as Moon Craft 紫電 Shiden 77 Coupé (or simply "紫電77") debuted in the 500 km 1977 Fuji Grand Champion Series.
Shiden MC/RT-16 (2006)
In 2006 Mooncraft revived the original Shiden with a new bodydesign and entered the Super GT championship under the Privée team.
Official technical specifications as unveiled on December 12, 2005.
- Body: Carbon/Glass fiber composite
- Overall length: 4640mm
- Height: 1210mm
- Width: 1985mm
- Road clearance: 90mm to 120mm (adjustable)
- Max.Power: 460ps/7800rpm (Power/Weight Ratio = About2.5)
- ECU: MOTEC M-880
- Brake Caliper: Front/6 Pod Monoblock, Rear/4 Pod Monoblock
- Safety: 6 Point seat belt/Harness, Fire extinguisher, Carbon composite structure(Front&Rear&Side)
- (Japanese) Shiden MC/RC-16 – Press release