Moonga (video game)
The logo of Moonga with the mention Trading Card Game
|Release date(s)||January 2010
Moonga is an online trading card game that is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, Android. There is also a "beta version" for Facebook. Moonga was created by EverdreamSoft SA and released in January 2010. The game takes place in the world of Moonga, which is a heroic fantasy world. In December 2012, the second edition of the game, Revolt, was released.
In the game, two players must play against each other using a five-card deck: four visible cards called Attack Spells, and one face-down card called a Support Spell. Players start each game with a set number of Life Points. During a round, each player can use either an Attack Spell of their choice, trying to deal the most damage to their opponent, or activate a Support Spell. A player can use Power Points to increase his/her Attack Spell. To win the game, a player needs to inflict more damage upon their opponent than they received or make their opponent lose all their Life Points.
Moonga cards are divided into two categories: Attack Spells and Support Spells. Attack Spell cards are used to deal damage to or prevent damage from the opponent, while Support Spell cards are used to cause various effects on the game. Each card has an assigned element, as well as a level of rarity. These determine its individual characteristics and abilities.
- The elements of the cards are: Earth, Water, Fire, Ice, Ether, Light and Darkness.
- The rarities of the cards are: Common (white logo), Uncommon (red logo), Rare (green logo) and Mythical (gold logo).
Moonga cards are based on a Core Set that can be expanded with four Extensions:
- Renaissance (Moonga - 1st Edition) :released in January 2010
- Densara (Renaissance - 1st Extension): released in February 2011
- DursTor (Renaissance - 2nd Extension): released in January 2012
- Lymronia (Renaissance - 3rd Extension): released in July 2012
- Lanna (Revolt - 1st Extension): released in December 2012
- Version 1.5.0: January 2012
- Version 1.5.1: February 2012
- Version 1.5.2: April 2012
- Version 1.5.3: July 2012
- Version 1.5.4: October 2012
- Version 1.6.0: December 2012
- "Découvrez Moonga et les cartes sur iPhone !". Applicationiphone.com. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- "Moonga Revolt disponible sur l’App Store". Pocketgamer.fr. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "J'ai joué à Moonga...". Jedisjeux.net. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Moonga : l’élite du jeu de cartes à collectionner sur iPhone accueille une nouvelle extension". Applicationiphone.com. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "Trailer Moonga release : DursTor Light and Darkness". Inno-swiss.com. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Moonga : le jeu iPhone". Pocketgamer.fr. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "La sortie de " Revolt " annonce le début d’un nouveau chapitre pour le jeu de cartes Free-to-Play sur iPhone". Pockett.net. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "EverdreamSoft signe avec le japonais MTI". Afjv.com. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Moonga se lance sur Facebook". Alpict.com. Retrieved February 19, 2013.