Moor Park tube station
Main entrance, on the northbound side
Location of Moor Park in Hertfordshire
|Local authority||Three Rivers|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||4|
|Fare zone||6 and 7|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|June 1938||Goods yard closed|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
It lies between Sandy Lodge Golf Course and Moor Park. The station has four platforms, two for northbound trains (one for the Watford service and one for the Amersham service) and two for southbound trains to Baker Street (one for the slow trains and one for fast - although southbound services vary in the morning peak).
- 1 September 1887: Metropolitan Railway's extension opened from the previous terminus at Pinner, en route to Rickmansworth, passing through here
- 15 March 1899(?): Great Central Railway services began passing through here
- 9 May 1910: station opened as "Sandy Lodge"
- 18 October 1923: station renamed "Moor Park & Sandy Lodge"
- 2 November 1925: extension to Watford opened from both Moor Park & Sandy Lodge and Rickmansworth; extension of electric train services as far as Rickmansworth
- 25 September 1950: station renamed "Moor Park"
- 1959: Station rebuilt, given quadruple track.
- 1993: suspension of Chiltern services
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2008". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Hardy, Brian, ed. (March 2011). "How it used to be - freight on The Underground 50 years ago". Underground News (London Underground Railway Society) (591): 175–183. ISSN 0306-8617.
- London's Transport Museum Photographic Archive Moor Park station platforms, 1962.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Moor Park station.|
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
London to Aylesbury Line