||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2012)|
|Alma mater||University of Westminster
University of Reading
Henley Management College
Moorad Choudhry was formerly Head of Business Treasury, Global Banking and Markets at Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
Choudhry attended Claremont Fan Court School. He graduated from the University of Westminster (known as Polytechnic of Central London at the time) with a First class degree in Economics. He graduated from the University of Reading with a MA. In 1998, he completed an MBA at Henley Management College. In 2008, he completed a PhD in Financial economics at Birkbeck, University of London.
Choudhry is Visiting Professor at the Department of Economics, London Metropolitan University, a Visiting Research Fellow at the ICMA Centre, University of Reading, a Senior Fellow at the Centre for Mathematical Trading and Finance, Cass Business School, a Fellow of the Securities and Investment Institute and a Fellow of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management.
Choudhry was formerly Head of Business Treasury, Global Banking and Markets at Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Before joining RBS, He was Head of Treasury at Europe Arab Bank, a subsidiary of Arab Bank. He joined there from KBC Financial Products in London, the derivatives and convertible bond trading arm of KBC Bank N.V., Brussels. Prior to that he was a vice-president in Structured Finance Services sales and marketing at JPMorgan Chase Bank, a sterling proprietary trader in the Treasury division at Hambros Bank Limited, and a Gilt-Edged Market Maker and money markets trader at ABN Amro Hoare Govett Limited. He began his City career at the London Stock Exchange in 1989.
Also, he is on the advisory board of OMFIF where he is regularly involved in meetings regarding the financial and monetary system.
- Fellow, Securities & Investment Institute
- Fellow, Global Association of Risk Professionals
- Fellow, Institute of Sales and Marketing Management
- Member, ifs School of Finance
- Editorial Board, Journal of Structured Finance
- Editorial Advisory Board, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets
- Editorial Board, Securities and Investment Review
Choudhry is author of numerous books, some of which have been translated into Chinese and Japanese:
- The Bond and Money Markets: Strategy, Trading, Analysis (Butterworth-Heinemann, 2001)
- The REPO Handbook (Butterworth-Heinemann, 2002)
- (with Frank J Fabozzi; Steven V Mann;The Global Money Markets Hoboken, N.J. : J. Wiley, 2002 In 784 WorldCat libraries
- (with Frank J Fabozzi;) The Handbook of European Fixed Income Securities (with Frank Fabozzi) (John Wiley, 2004)
- Structured Credit Products: Credit Derivatives and Synthetic Securitisation (John Wiley, 2004), 2nd ed. 3rd ed. 2011
- An Introduction to Credit Derivatives, 2004, Butterworth- Heinemann, ISBN 075066262X
- Review, The RMA Journal - Nov 1, 2004
- Analysing and Interpreting the Yield Curve (Wiley Asia, 2004)
- The Money Markets Handbook (Wiley Asia, 2004)
- Fixed-income securities and derivatives handbook: Analysis and valuation. Princeton, NJ: Bloomberg Press. 2005 ISBN 9781576602201 In 623 WorldCat libraries
- The Credit Default Swap Basis (Bloomberg Press, 2006)
- Bank Asset and Liability Management (Wiley Asia, 2007)
- Capital Market Instruments, 3rd edition (Palgrave MacMillan, 2010)
- (with Suleman Baig) The Mechanics of Securitization: A Practical Guide to Structuring and Closing Asset-Backed Security Transactions. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley, 2013. ISBN 9780470609729
- Ahmed, Maria (10 January 2013). "Investment Banker’s Advice After 24 Years In The City!". BusinessBecause. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Biography at Financial Gurus". Retrieved 28 August 2008.