Camel toe or cameltoe is a slang term that refers to the outline of a woman's labia majora, as seen through tightly fitting clothes. Due to a combination of anatomical factors and the tightness of the fabric covering it, the crotch and mons pubis may take on a resemblance to the forefoot of a camel. Camel toe commonly occurs as a result of wearing tight fitting clothes, such as shorts, hotpants or swimwear.
- Mansour, David (2005). From Abba to Zoom: A Pop Culture Encyclopedia of the Late 20th Century. ISBN 0-7407-5118-2.
- Freeman, Hadley (27 November 2007). "Miaow! Today's pop princesses do love their catsuits.". The Guardian. Retrieved 2007-12-08.
... let's just say the words 'crotch outline' and let that suffice.
- Sanneh, Kelefah (23 May 2003). "Fashion Tip in Rap for Brooklyn Girls.". New York Times. Retrieved 2007-12-03.
Cameltoe is slang for a fashion faux pas caused by women wearing snug pants; the term suggests a visual analogy.
- Games, Alex (2007). Balderdash & piffle : one sandwich short of a dog's dinner. London: BBC. p. 45. ISBN 978-1-84607-235-2.
- Media related to Cameltoes at Wikimedia Commons