From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mordecai is one of the main personalities in the Book of Esther in the Hebrew Bible.
Mordecai may also refer to:
- The Mordechai or Mordecai ben Hillel, major Talmudist and posek
- Kevin Fertig, an American professional wrestler who used the ring name Mordecai
- "Mordecai", a song by Between the Buried and Me
- Mordecai, a pet hawk in the film The Royal Tenenbaums
- "Mordecai", a band from Vancouver
- Mordecai, a character in Gearbox Software's Borderlands
- Mordecai, a neighborhood in downtown Raleigh, NC
- Mordecai, a 23-year-old blue jay in Cartoon Network's show, Regular Show
People with the surname
- Yitzhak Mordechai, former Israeli general and Minister of Defense
- Douglas E. Mordecai III, a character on Dexter's Laboratory
- Jacob Mordecai, a pioneer in education in Colonial America
- Mike Mordecai, major league baseball player
- Pamela Mordecai, Jamaican writer, teacher, scholar and poet
- Yoav Mordechai, Israeli Brigadier General
People with the given name
- Mordechaj Anielewicz, Polish commander of Jewish Combat Organization during the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
- Mordechai Vanunu, Israeli nuclear technician who revealed details of Israel's nuclear weapons program in 1986
- Mordecai Manuel Noah, Jewish American playwright
- Mordecai Menahem Kaplan, founder of Reconstructionist Judaism
- Moti Kirschenbaum (born 1939), Israeli journalist, announcer, and TV presenter
- Mordecai Richler, Canadian author
- Mordecai Roshwald, American science fiction writer
- Mordecai Brown (1876-1948), baseball player nicknamed "Three Finger" or "Miner"
- Mordicai Gerstein, American children's author
- Mordechai Gur (1930–95), Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces
- Mordecai Lincoln, uncle of Abraham Lincoln
- Mordechai Jefferson Carver, a character from the film The Hebrew Hammer
- Mordecai Waxman, Jewish American Rabbi, responsible for inter-faith dialogue between American Jewish community and The Vatican
- Dr. Mordecai Sahmbi, a character from the Science Fiction TV show Time Trax
- Mordechai ben David, Jewish American musician
- Mordecai Green, fictional lawyer for the poor (and terrible driver) in John Grisham's The Street Lawyer
- Mordechai Spiegler (born 1944), Israeli football player and manager
- Mordecai, a main character from the cartoon Regular Show.
- Yad Mordechai, a kibbutz
- Givat Mordechai, a Jewish neighborhood in southwest-central Jerusalem, Israel
- Neot Mordechai, a kibbutz
- Kfar Mordechai, a village in central Israel
- Mortdecai, a 1970's series of novels by Kyril Bonfiglioli, and it's 2014 film adaptation Mortdecai (film) starring Johnny Depp.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.