Mordred is an American Technical Thrash metal/Funk metal band based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Mordred stood out from the crowd with their ideas on expanding and experimenting with the thrash metal sound, incorporating turntables and funky bass lines into their sound.
Before the release of the album In This Life, Jim Taffer was replaced by James Sanguinetti. At this time the band were hitting their peak in popularity. Changes hit Mordred again when Scott Holderby left the band due to creative differences, and Paul Kimball became the new vocalist, and appeared on The Next Room, their last album to date. After this period, the band decided to go their separate ways.
Mordred announced a reunion in 2001. In the following year, they played a gig in their home town of San Francisco, and went on to perform again. Despite this, no new material from the band has been released.
On October 20, 2013, Mordred created their official Facebook page, and a few days later, they announced a reunion with the "In This Life" lineup.
The band toured the UK and Ireland in 2014 with Jeff Gomes on drums alongside British Metal Revival band Kaine. They also played the new song "The Baroness" and announced their intention to record a new album.
- Art Liboon - Bass (1984 - 1995) (2001) (2007) (2013 - )
- James Sanguinetti - Guitar (1984 - 1986) (1990-1995) (2001) (2007) (2013 - )
- Scott Holderby - Vocals (1986 - 1993) (2001) (2013 - )
- Danny White - Guitars (1986 - 1995) (2013 - )
- Aaron Vaughn - Keyboards / Turntables (1990 - 1995) (2001) (2007) (2013 - )
- Gannon Hall - Drums (1987 - 1995) (2001) (2013 -)
- Paul Kimball - Vocals (1993 - 1994)
- Jim Taffer - Guitars (1987 - 1989)
- Steve Scates - Vocals (1984 - 1986) (2007)
- Eric Lannon - Drums (1984 - 1987) (2001 - 2007)
- Alex Gerould - Guitars (1984 - 1987)
- Sven Soderlund - Guitars (2007)
- Chris Powell - Guitars (2001)
- Jeff Gomes (2013 -)
- Fool's Game (1989)
- In This Life (1991)
- The Next Room (1994)
- Vision (1992)