More than Honey
|More than Honey|
|Directed by||Markus Imhoof|
|Written by||Markus Imhoof
More than Honey is a 2012 Swiss documentary film directed by Markus Imhoof about honeybee colonies in California, Switzerland, China and Australia. The film was nominated for an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards.
- Fred Jaggi as Himself
- Prof. Dr. Randolf Menzel as Himself
- John Miller as Himself
- Liane Singer as Herself
- Heidrun Singer as Herself
- Zhao Su Zhang as Herself
- Fred Terry as Himself
- Prof. Dr. Boris Baer as Himself
- Elisabeth Schild as Herself
Bumblebee researcher Felicity Muth called the film "visually magnificent." Stephen Holden, writing for the New York Times, calls the cinematography "spectacularly beautiful," and calls the film "a fascinating but rambling documentary." Peter Bradshaw, writing for the Guardian, gave the movie three stars out of five and called it an "interestingly laidback film", opining that, "Imhoof seems disconcertingly untroubled" about the ecological challenges currently facing bees. The film received a critics rating of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, and a rating of 70% on Metacritic.
- List of submissions to the 86th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Swiss submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Le film "More than Honey" représentera la Suisse aux Oscars 2014". RTS Info. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- ""More Than Honey" in the running for an Oscar". Swiss Films. 19 September 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Muth, Felicity (1 September 2013). "More than honey – a review". Scientific American Blogs. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Holden, Stephen (11 June 2013). "In Fields and Hives, Zooming In on What Ails Bees". The New York Times. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Bradshaw, Peter (5 September 2013). "More Than Honey – review". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "More Than Honey (2012)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "More Than Honey". Metacritic. Retrieved 1 February 2014.