Morgan Hill Unified School District
|Headquarters||Morgan Hill, California|
|Dr. Wesley Smith|
Board of Trustees
|Don Moody, President|
The Morgan Hill Unified School District operates ten elementary schools (K-6), three middle schools (7-9), and three high schools in the greater San Jose, California area. The district has 400 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) teachers serving 8809 students. The District Office is located in Morgan Hill, California. It covers 296 square miles (767 square kilometers), stretching from the southern area of San José to the north to about half the distance between Morgan Hill and Gilroy to the south.
The District is governed by a publicly elected seven-member Board of Education. Ongoing management is provided by a Superintendent hired by the Board.
Live Oak Union High School was established in 1903. At the organization of Live Oak Union, previously existing rural school districts Highland, Burnett, San Martin, Machado and Morgan Hill were included, and, in August 1921, Coyote, Llagas and Uvas districts were added to what eventually became Morgan Hill Unified School District.
|School Name||City||Students||FTE Teachers||Pupil/Teacher Ratio||School Level||Low Grade||High Grade|
|Ann Sobrato High School 
|Barrett Elementary School||Morgan Hill||485||26||18.7||Primary||K
|(Lewis H.) Britton Middle School
|Burnett Elementary School
|Central Continuation High School
|Charter School Of Morgan Hill
|Morgan Hill||475||13.2 (?)||21.8 (?)||Primary||K||8|
|El Toro Elementary School||Morgan Hill||572||25.6||22.3||Primary||K||6|
|Encinal Elementary School[Note 8]||Morgan Hill||161||6||26.8||Middle||5||6|
|Jackson Elementary School||Morgan Hill||547||26||21||Primary||K||6|
|Live Oak High School 
|Los Paseos Elementary School||San Jose||403||20||20.2||Primary||K||6|
|Martin Murphy Middle School||San Jose||831||34.6||24||Middle||7||8|
|Nordstrom Elementary School||Morgan Hill||633||29||21.8||Primary||K||6|
|P. A. Walsh Elementary School
|Paradise Valley/Machado Elementary School||Morgan Hill||521||25||20.8||Primary||K||6|
|San Martin/Gwinn Elementary School||San Martin||564||27.8||20.3||Primary||K||6|
- Based on 2002-2003 school year data
- Established in 2004. Ann Sobrato High School was named for Ann Sobrato (1915-2000), a successful San Francisco Bay Area real estate investor and developer. The Sobrato Family donated the 120 acres of land where the school is built.
- Established ca. 1976 on former campus of Live Oak High School. Named after Santa Clara County educator and former principal of Live Oak Union High School, Lewis H. Britton (January 14, 1881 –).
- Mothballed June 2009. Facilities rehabilitated 2013.
- Alternative school
- Charter school; established 2001. Five-year charter renewed 2006. Although occupying the buildings of the former Encinal Elementary School from 2003-on, it is not under management of Morgan Hill Unified School District.
- Closed in 2003; space subsequently occupied by Charter School of Morgan Hill.
- Established 1904 as Live Oak Union High School
- Established 1952
- Dr. Wesley Smith announced in April 2013 that he would be leaving his post at the end of June 2013. The Morgan Hill Unified School District Board of Trustees appointed Steve Betando, the District's Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources as Interim Superintendent, effective 2013-07-01.