|Birth name||Morgan Jay Rose|
|Born||December 13, 1968|
|Genres||Alternative metal, heavy metal, nu metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, vocals, guitar|
|Labels||Warner Bros., 7 Bros.|
|Associated acts||Sevendust, Iron Steel, Methods of Mayhem, Call Me No One, Korn|
Morgan Jay Rose (born December 13, 1968) is an American drummer, record producer and founding member of the Atlanta-based alternative metal band Sevendust. He is also responsible for much of the background unclean vocals. Recently he joined Call Me No One and recorded debut album, and it was released on June 5, 2012 via Asylum. Morgan Rose is vice president of Imagen Records.
Rose's father was a guitarist and his mother, who followed the Raspberries in the 1970s, took her young son to see David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust tour, which he witnessed while sitting on the shoulders of a security guard. He credits his father with teaching him guitar and claimed that he was able to play Jimi Hendrix’s "If 6 Was 9" when he was three years old.
Rose began his music career in the early 1990s in the band Snake Nation, alongside Vinnie Hornsby. In late 1992, Rose and Hornsby joined forces with Lajon Witherspoon, who was at that time in a R&B band called Body & Soul, and formed Rumblefish, which was changed Crawlspace then to Sevendust after a name rights issue. Morgan Rose is one of the most respected and most innovative drummers in the industry, being voted by Drum magazine and Drummerworld as one of the top 100 drummers of all time. He is also one of the most charismatic members of the band, and often writes lyrics and is the backup vocalist when playing live. Australia's Rolling Stone voted him as the "hottest drummer" in history, thanks to a poll that was taken in 2003. In 2004, Morgan Rose voted no. 1 metal drummer by Modern Drummer magazine. He also is ranked no.32 in Hit Parader's top 100 bassist and drummers all time.
Alien Freak Wear is his own personal line of clothing with tee shirts, hoodies, headwear, and many other items. He also has his own signature Alien Freak model of drumsticks made by Vater Percussion, whom he is endorsed by.
Due to Tommy Lee injuring his hand in August 2009, Morgan filled in on drums in place of Lee, in Mötley Crüe, for five shows on Crüe Fest 2 from August 14 to August 19. Also Rose was recruited to replace Ray Luzier pulled double duty on the last few shows of the first leg of the Music As A Weapon V tour, sitting behind the kit for co-headliners Korn.
In June, 2012, Rose began working with The Infinite Staircase (Karina Esparza) at Architekt Music, as both the drummer and producer of their next album.
In late 2014 Morgan Rose began working with Ghost Embrace at HyperThreat Recording Studio creating the rhythm tracks for their latest album to be released in late 2014 early 2015. This recording studio in Denver rented a Pearl Drum Set while Johnny Morgan's tech provided the Evans heads and Zildjian cymbals for the tracks Morgan recorded.
Morgan is a sports fan. He enjoys watching football, hockey and baseball games, and occasionally meets the athletes. He also enjoys playing video games with his Sevendust bandmates.
Rose plays Pearl Masterworks Series Drums, Evans Drum Heads and Zildjian Cymbals, as well as DDrum electronics, specifically their tube trigger. He is a large supporter of the new Pearl Vision Sets. He also uses Vater Drumsticks, with two signature models, the Alien Freak (double butt end), the Whiplash, which is similar to a 2B stick and Motu DP software.
- Drums — Broken Glass Finish All shells are 6-ply, 2 Inner Plies Maple/4 Outer Plies Mahogany
- 10x10" Tom
- 12x10" Tom
- 14x14" Floor Tom
- 16x16" Floor Tom
- 22x18" Bass Drum
- 14x5" Morgan Rose Signature Snare
- 10x6" Snare (additional)
- 6x8" Concert Tom
- 8x8" Concert Tom
- Cymbals (Current Tour, Stage L to R)
- 9.5" Zil-Bel (Custom drilled with 8 small holes)
- 14" Oriental China 'Trash'
- 18" K Dark Medium Thin Crash
- 8" K Custom Dark Splash
- 8" A Custom Splash
- 14" K Hi Hats
- 18" A Custom Rezo Crash
- 21" Z3 Mega Bell Ride
- 20" A Custom Rezo Crash
- 9.5" Zil-Bel (Custom drilled with 4 large holes)
- 19" A Custom Medium Crash
- 19" K Custom Hybrid China
- 16" Oriental China 'Trash'
- 9.5" Zil-Bel
- 12" Oriental China 'Trash'
- Hardware — Pearl
- B1000 Boom Cymbal Stand (x9)
- C1000 Straight Cymbal Stand (x2)
- T2000 Double Tom Stand (x2)
- TC1000 Tom/Cymbal Stand (x4)
- H1000 Hi-Hat Stand
- S2000 Snare Stand
- P2002C Double Pedal
- CLH1000 Closed Hi-Hat
- D2000 Throne
- PPS37 perc. holder (x4)
Rose was married to musician Rayna Foss the former bassist for the band Coal Chamber. They have since divorced. Together they have one child, a daughter named Kayla Moray Rose, born October 5, 1999. Rose then remarried. He and his second wife have since divorced.
- Sevendust (1997)
- Home (1999)
- Animosity (2001)
- Seasons (2003)
- Next (2005)
- Alpha (2007)
- Chapter VII: Hope and Sorrow (2008)
- Cold Day Memory (2010)
- Black Out the Sun (2013)
- Time Travelers & Bonfires (2014)
- Devil May Care EP (2008)
Call Me No One
- Last Parade (June 5, 2012)
- Letters by Butch Walker - Drums (2004)
- Let the Truth Be Known by Souls of We - Drums (2008)
- "A Song for Chi" (2009)
- Counting the Hours by Digital Summer - Backing vocals in "Playing The Saint", guest drummer on "Anybody Out There" and "Use Me." (2010)
- Moment of Impact by Eye Empire - Drums (2010)
- Moving Forward EP by Annandale - Drums (2012) 
- Pitch Black by Josh Willis - Drums (2012) 
- No Amends by The Infinite Staircase - Producer, Drums, Backing Vocals (October 15th, 2013) 
- Morgan Rose with Zakk Wylde, Kevin Martin, John DeServio and The Infinite Staircase teamed up to write and record a song in an effort to help raise money for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The song was recorded at Architekt Music in Butler, New Jersey and was released, as an iTunes exclusive, on January 8, 2013 via Vanity Music Group.
- Outta Control EP by "Neverset" (2009)
- Demons EP by "Candlelight Red" (2012)
- Reclamation by "Candlelight Red" (2013)
- "SEVENDUST's MORGAN ROSE Voted No. 1 Metal Drummer By MODERN DRUMMER Magazine". Blabbermouth.Net. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "Neverset new track" Tunelab.com. Retrieved on July 4, 2009.
- "Sevendust Drummer Playing With Korn". Rev967.com. 2013-03-08. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "Sevendust'S Morgan Rose To Lay Down Drums On Eye Empire Debut". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- mode=Article&newsitemID=179111 "SEVENDUST Begins Recording New Album". Blabbermouth.Net. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Puff, "99X Brings You Kevin Martin and Morgan Rose’s New Band Le Projet" 99X - September 24, 2014
- "Morgan Rose Of Sevendust: On The Attack". DRUM! Magazine. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Artisan News Service. Sevendust Helps Rose Survive Cold Day Memory, 14 May 2010. YouTube Interview
- "SOULS OF WE Featuring GEORGE LYNCH, LONDON LEGRAND: Audio Samples Available". Blabbermouth.net. May 9, 2008.
- Kelly, Amy. "Souls Of We's George Lynch: Playing Guitar Is 'Truly An Adventure'". Ultimate Guitar Archive. Retrieved March 19, 2009.
- "SEVENDUST's MORGAN ROSE To Lay Down Drums On EYE EMPIRE Debut". Blabbermouth.net. September 15, 2010. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Home". annandaleband.com. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "Josh Willis Music - Home". Joshwillisentertainment.com. 2010-12-21. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "The Infinite Staircase Announces Guest Drummer - in Metal News". Metal Underground.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, SEVENDUST, CANDLEBOX Members To Record Song For Victims Of Hurricane Sandy". Blabbermouth.Net. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "Sevendust Drummer Morgan Rose To Produce New Candlelight Red EP". Imagen Records. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Morgan Rose interview on drummagazine.com
- Pearl Artists Morgan Rose
- Alien Freak Wear - Official Morgan Rose Website
- Morgan Rose - Alien Freak