Morgan Smith Goodwin
|Morgan Smith Goodwin|
August 18, 1985 |
Morgan Smith entered Birmingham-Southern College to study musical theater. After receiving her degree there, she moved to New York City, where she had performed in concerts, readings, and benefits. She was an original cast member of the Off-Broadway production, Freckleface Strawberry.
Smith appeared as the lead in the Birmingham, Alabama, production of Sweet Charity during October 2011. She is currently based in New York City. Smith also appeared in the 2006 drama Circumstance directed by Lena Khan.
She gained national attention when she was selected to be the face of Wendy's Restaurants' current advertising campaign, titled Now That's Better. Television commercials carrying that theme began airing in April 2012. Naturally a dark blonde, her hair was dyed "orangey red" for the commercial role.
- Scordo, Lizbeth (July 16, 2014). "Just Who Is That Wendy's Girl?". Yahoo! News. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- Harvey, Alec (September 30, 2011). "Birmingham Exam: Morgan Smith, star of Red Mountain Theatre's 'Sweet Charity'". The Birmingham News (Birmingham, AL). Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Sweet Charity". Red Mountain Theater Company of Birmingham. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- Harvey, Alec (June 4, 2012). "Birmingham's Morgan Smith is new face of Wendy's advertisements". The Birmingham News (Birmingham, AL). Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Miller, Fred (January 24, 2013). "Morgan Smith Goodwin is the Wendy's Girl". Retrieved 2013-06-14.