Morgans Hotel Group
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2008)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: MHGC|
|Founded||475 Tenth Avenue
New York, New York
|Headquarters||475 Tenth Avenue
New York, NY,
|Boston, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas & London|
Jason Kalisman, Interim CEO
|Website||Morgans Hotel Group|
Morgans Hotel Group (MHG) is a hospitality company that owns & operates boutique hotels, as well as acquiring and redeveloping in the United States and Europe. Among the hotel chains/brands belonging to the Morgans Hotel Group are Delano, Mondrian, Hudson, and A Morgans Original.
MHG owns or partially owns and manages thirteen hotels in London, Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, New York and San Francisco comprising over 3,000 rooms. Each of its hotels was designed by a world−renowned designer.
In 2012 it was announced that Morgans would be overhauling Sea Containers House in London to be launched as a Mondrian Hotel in 2014. The design of the hotel was awarded to the Tom Dixon (industrial designer) led Design Research Studio. The hotel, Mondrian London At Sea Containers, opened on 30 September 2014.
In the spring and summer of 2013, Morgans became the bone of contention in a proxy war between OTK Associates, a, investment vehicle for the Olshan and Taubman real estate interests, and Yucaipa, the investment alter ego of Ron Burkle.
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Mondrian Hotel-style designed by Benjamin Noriega Oritz
- Las Vegas
- San Francisco
- "The Hotel to be rebranded as Delano Las Vegas". Las Vegas Review-Journal. August 6, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- "The Delano Las Vegas". MGM Resorts International. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Tom Dixon to turn Sea Containers House into Mondrian Hotel". Design Week. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Mondrian London At Sea Containers". Morgans Group LLC. Retrieved 12 September 2014.