From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mori is a Japanese and Italian surname. In Japanese, Mori may also be a given name. It is also the name of two clans in Japan, and one in India. There is also a village called Mori in India (East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh).
Italian persons named Mori 
- Cesare Mori, Italian "Iron Prefect"
- Claudia Mori, Italian actress, singer, television producer
- Daniele Mori (born 1990) Italian footballer
- Fabrizio Mori, Italian hurdler
- Francesco Mori, Italian Painter
- Massimiliano Mori, Italian former professional road bicycle racer.
- Nicolas Mori, Anglo-Italian violinist
- Primo Mori, Italian professional road bicycle racer.
- Simone Mori, Italian former professional racing cyclist
- Brooke Mori, former child star, Huckapoo singer (PJ Bardot)
Japanese persons named Mori 
- Mori Arinori, Japanese statesman
- Mori Chack, graphics designer
- Mōri Motonari, daimyo
- Mori Ōgai, novelist and physician
- Mori Sosen, Japanese painter
- Mori Mari, novelist (Ōgai's daughter)
- Mori Ranmaru, samurai during the Sengoku period
- Akio Mori, physiologist and writer
- Bárbara Mori, Mexican actress (Japanese paternal grandfather)
- Hanae Mori, fashion designer
- Hiroshi Mori, writer and engineer.
- Ikue Mori, musician
- Izumi Mori, fashion model
- Junko Mori, metalwork sculptor
- Kaori Mori, badminton player
- Kaoru Mori, manga author
- Kumiko Mori, opera singer
- Manny Mori, current President of the Federated States of Micronesia (has Japanese ancestry)
- Mariko Mori, artist
- Masahiro Mori, roboticist
- Minoru Mori, building tycoon
- Mitsuko Mori, actress
- Naoko Mori, actress
- Okamoto Mori, actor
- Riyo Mori, Miss Universe 2007
- Shigefumi Mori, mathematician
- Shigeki Mori, mayor of Neagari
- Shigekazu Mori, baseball player
- Shinichi Mori, enka singer
- Shinji Mori, baseball player
- Takaji Mori, football player
- Takeshi Mori (commander) (1894–1945), commander of the Japanese Empire's First Imperial Guards Division, at the end of World War II
- Takeshi Mori (director) (b. 1963), anime director, storyboard artist, and script writer
- Takeshi Mori (announcer) (b. 1959), announcer on Yomiuri TV in Japan
- Tatsuya Mori, film director
- Toshia Mori, actress
- Yoshirō Mori, former Prime Minister of Japan
- Yoshiro Mori (mathematician)
- Yukinojo Mori, poet
Other people named Mori 
- Móri, Icelandic rapper
- Camilo Mori, Chilean painter
- Damian Mori, Italian-Australian football player
- Michael Mori, U.S. military lawyer
- J. Mori Johnson, U.S. medical association director
- Rogelio Funes Mori, Argentine football player
- Vaclav Mori, Czech violinist
Fictional Moris 
- Ai Mori in The Law of Ueki
- Mori Kibbutz, the brother of Brucie in Grand Theft Auto IV
- Mori Green, a minor character in Grand Theft Auto IV
- Kogoro Mori (Richard Moore), character in Detective Conan/Case Closed
- Takashi "Mori" Morinozuka, character in Ouran High School Host Club
- Ran Mori (Rachel Moore), character in Detective Conan/Case Closed
- Shin Mōri (Cye Mouri), character in Yoroiden Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warriors
- Yorick Mori, character in the online multiplayer game League of Legends
- Azrael Mori, character in the star wars role play. Legendary Sith Assassin.
Mori in foreign languages 
- Mori (森) is a Japanese word for forest
- In Latin, mori means "to die". In modern Italian, mori may also derive from Latin maurus that means "dark skinned".
- Memento mori, artistic creations to remind people of their own mortality, Latin for "Remember that you are mortal," "Remember you will die," or "Remember your death"
- mori, is a horse in Mongolian, the last i vowel is not pronounced.
- Mori (clan), a Rajput clan of India
- MORI, a research organisation based in the United Kingdom
- Mori clan (Genji), descendants of Genji in Japan
- Mōri clan, a family of daimyō from Aki Province in Japan
- Mori, Agra, a village in Uttar Pradesh, India
- Mori, a town in Trentino, Italy
- Mori, Shizuoka, a town in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
- Mori, Hokkaidō, a town in Hokkaidō, Japan
- Mori Kazakh Autonomous County, county in Xinjiang, China
- Mori (restaurant), an historic New York City restaurant
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.