Moriah Jerusalem Development Corporation
|מוריה - חברה לפיתוח ירושלים בע"מ|
|Purpose||Infrastructure development in Jerusalem|
|Headquarters||Safra Square, Jerusalem|
|Affiliations||Municipality of Jerusalem
Ministry of Transport and Road Safety
Jerusalem Development Authority
|Budget||₪ 5 billion|
Moriah Jerusalem Development Corporation (Hebrew: מוריה - חברה לפיתוח ירושלים בע"מ) is an organization, established by the Municipality of Jerusalem in 1987. The main objective of Moriah is to develop the infrastructure in Jerusalem and perform public work for local government.
History and management
Moriah founded in 1986 by Uzi Wechsler, former city treasurer of Jerusalem Development Authority. It works closely with Jerusalem Development Authority since the time of Teddy Kollek, who was mayor of Jerusalem and founder of the Jerusalem Foundation. Moriah promotes infrastructure development for the Ministry of Transport and Road Safety, Jerusalem Development Authority and Ministry of Transport and Road Safety, and it has affiliation with these ministries. It has around 10 companies to manage and execute the projects.
- Jerusalem Light Rail
- Bridge of Strings
- Jerusalem Arena
- Teddy Stadium
- Jerusalem Biblical Zoo,
- High-speed railway to Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Road 21
- Highway 1
- Highway 50
- Jerusalem Road 16
- Jerusalem Road 20
- Exploiting Solar Energy - Installing solar energy on school rooftops and public buildings in order to have utilize clean & renewable energy. So far, 90 installations have been completed through several phrases. The project will be expanded in future, especially in 2014.
- "Moriah Jerusalem Development Company Ltd.". Globes. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Company team". Moriah. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "About: Moriah". Moriah. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Ira Sharkansky (1996). Governing Jerusalem: Again on the World's Agenda. Wayne State University Press.
- "Projects". Moriah Jerusalem Development Corporation. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Jerusalem Biblical Zoo". Jerusalem Biblical Zoo. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Biblical Zoo". Jewish Virtual Library. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Udasin, Sharon (2011-03-30). "Jerusalem issues NIS 35m. tender for 50 new rooftop solar energy systems". The Jerusalem Post – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved 18 May 2014.