Morning Express with Robin Meade
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Morning Express with Robin Meade|
Morning Express with Robin Meade logo
|Presented by||Robin Meade (2005–present)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||360 minutes (six hours)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||Fall 2005 – current|
|Related shows||Robin & Company|
Morning Express with Robin Meade is a morning television news program that airs on the HLN television network in the United States. The website describes it as a fast, personl and smart blend of all the news you want in the morning.
About the show
Airing each weekday from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Eastern, Morning Express with Robin Meade on HLN features an ensemble that includes anchor Robin Meade, meteorologist Bob Van Dillen & money correspondent Jennifer Westhoven. "Morning Express" gives you your daily dose of news, weather, sports, entertainment, finance and travel. The group of anchors appear friendly, at an upbeat pace, described by Stephen King as "his morning people" in his Entertainment Weekly column. The show is reportedly popular among young males 18-34 unlike most news programming which tend to have an older and more female viewership.
Between October 2008 and April 2009, the show was accompanied by the "Morning Express Challenge" Trivia game. The game ran from 8 to 10 a.m. Eastern and offered trivia on current events, polls, predictions and a chat room. Robin and the other correspondents often took part in the chat room and mentioned game players on the air. Trivia game players were eligible to win prizes that included trips, t-shirts, bathrobes, and a variety of others.
Robin and Company era
From 1982 to 2005, HLN (then known as CNN Headline News) did not have a predominant morning program, but the network decided in 2005 to build a program around Robin Meade based on her growing ratings and popularity among viewers. The program was originally called Robin & Company.
Effective November 5, 2007, the program was renamed to Morning Express with Robin Meade. The renamed program bills itself as the "fastest morning news show on television".
List of "Company"
- Robin Meade - anchor (2005-present)
- Bob Van Dillen - weather anchor/traffic & air travel correspondent (2005-present)
- Jennifer Westhoven - business & finance correspondent (2006-present)
- Joe Carter/Jared Greenberg/Andy Scholes - sports anchor (2013-present)
- Lynn Berry - weekend anchor (2014-present)
- Samantha Mohr - weekend weather anchor
- Kendis Gibson - entertainment anchor (2005–2006)
- Will Selva - sports anchor (2005–2007)
- Holly Firfer - entertainment anchor (2005-2005)
- Shanon Cook - entertainment anchor (2005–2005)
- Adrianna Costa - entertainment anchor (2005–2007)
- Rally Caparas - traffic & air travel correspondent (2005–2007)
- Richard Lui - politics and news correspondent (2007–2010)
- Rafer Weigel - sports anchor (2008–2011 Now a current WMVP-AM Radio Broadcaster)
- Carlos Diaz - sports anchor (2011-2013)
- "TVNewser". mediabistro.com. 2007-10-22. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "CNN Observations :: CNN, Headline News, En Español, International, +, Türk". Cnnobservations.blogspot.com. 2007-05-22. Retrieved 2013-08-09.