Morning in a Pine Forest
|Artist||Ivan Shishkin, Konstantin Savitsky|
|Type||Oil on canvas|
|Dimensions||139 cm × 213 cm (55 in × 84 in)|
|Location||Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow|
The Morning in a Pine Forest (Russian: Утро в сосновом лесу) is a painting by Russian artists Ivan Shishkin and Konstantin Savitsky. Savitsky has painted the bears, but the art collector Pavel Tretyakov effaced his signature, stating that "from idea until performance, everything discloses the painting manner and creative method peculiar just to Shishkin" so the painting is now credited solely to Shishkin.
The Morning in a Pine Forest turned very popular, being reproduced on various items, including the "Clubfooted Bear" chocolates by Krasny Oktyabr. According to one poll, the painting is the second most popular in Russia behind Bogatyrs by Viktor Vasnetsov. Shishkin's similar paintings are the Forest in Spring (1884) and The Sestroretsk Forest (1896).
- Загадка картин Ивана Шишкина (in Russian). Spbdnevnik.ru. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- Утро в сосновом лесу. 1889. ГТГ (in Russian). Artclassic.edu.ru. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Chocolate "Mishka Kosolapy"".
- Утро в сосновом лесу (in Russian). Shishkin-art.ru. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- Vahe, Urmas (2006-07-01). "Narva-Jõesuu saab taas Euroopa kaardile". Õhtuleht (in Estonian).