From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Morningstar)
|Look up morning star in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Morning Star or Morningstar may refer to:
- Morning star is a name given to the planet Venus when it appears in the east before sunrise (as though heralding the coming of the morning).
- Morning star has also been used to describe the star Sirius, which appears in the sky, just before sunrise, at a time known in the ancient world as the Dog Days, due to Sirius' appellation as the "Dog Star" in the constellation of Canis Major.
- Less commonly, Morning Star can refer to the planet Mercury when it appears in the east before sunrise.
- Morning Star, one of the Zorya, gods in Slavic mythology.
- Aurvandil (Earendel) in Norse (Anglo-Saxon) tradition.
- Within Judeo-Christian mythology the name Lucifer is a reference to the Morning Star.
- Morning Star (chief), Northern Cheyenne leader, also known as Dull Knife
- Richard Morningstar (born 1945), ambassador, Special Envoy of the United States Secretary of State for Eurasian Energy
- Erica Morningstar (born 1989), Canadian swimmer
- Chip Morningstar, author, developer, programmer and designer of software systems
- John Wycliffe was called "the Morning Star of the Reformation"
- Morning star, a title given to a Babylonian king in Book of Isaiah
- Morning star, a title given to Jesus in Book of Revelation
- Morning star, a title given to a Byzantine emperor as reported by Liutprand of Cremona
- Morning star, a title given to the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Litany of Loreto
- Morning Star Lake, Nebraska
- Morning Star, Virginia, an unincorporated community
- Morning Star, Roane County, West Virginia
- Morning Star (British newspaper), left-wing daily newspaper
- Morning Star, established 1867 in Wilmington, North Carolina, renamed Star-News in 2003
- The Morning Star (Vernon, British Columbia), daily newspaper in Vernon, British Columbia
- The Morning Star (19th century U.K. newspaper), defunct London newspaper
- The Morning Star (19th century U.S. newspaper), defunct New Hampshire newspaper
- Magic City Morning Star, on-line newspaper from Katahdin, Maine
- The Evening and Morning Star (1832–1834), the first periodical of the Latter Day Saint movement
- HMS Morning Star, six ships of the Royal Navy
- Morning Star, original name of the USS Estes (AGC-12), an amphibious force command ship
- Morning Star (ship), wrecked in the Torres Strait in 1814
- Morning Star, former name of the cruise ship Salamis Glory
- Morning Star (train), passenger train formerly operated by St. Louis Southwestern Railway
- GWR Star Class "Morning Star", broad gauge steam locomotive
- Morningstar Farms, brand of vegetarian food
- Morning Star Series, brand of incense
- Morningstar Air Express, cargo airline based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Morningstar, Inc., Chicago-based investment research firm
- The Morning Star Company, a California based agribusiness and food processing company
- Morning Star Development, 501(c)3 economic development organization
- Morning Star (video game), video game
- The Morningstars, a band fronted by Sierra Leonean musician S. E. Rogie
- Morning Star (Hubert Laws album), by the jazz flautist Hubert Laws
- Morning Star (Entombed album), by the Swedish death metal band Entombed
- Morning Star (Flunk album), by the Norwegian electronic music band Flunk
- Morning Star (Spear of Destiny album)
- Morning Star, by the British Group 'The Shadows' in their 1976 album 'Rarities'
- Morningstar, an album by the American electronic music band Asmodeus X
- Criminal Intents/Morning Star, a 2009 EP by the band Dope Stars Inc.
- "Morning Star", a song by Nat King Cole from his album St. Louis Blues
- "Morningstar", a song by the American alternative rock band AFI from their album The Art of Drowning
- "Morgenstern (Morning Star)", a song by Rammstein on their 2004 album Reise, Reise
- "The Morningstar", a song by the Swedish gothic doom metal band Draconian on their 2006 album The Burning Halo
- "Morning Star", a musical work for wind ensemble composed by David Maslanka
- "Morning Star" (song), a song by British hip hop group N-Dubz
- "Morning Star", a song by Roger Shah featuring the voice of Moya Brennan
- "Morning Star", a song by the Brazilian power metal band Angra on their 2004 album Temple of Shadows
- "Morning Star", a traditional Moravian carol, originated as a poem by Johannes Scheffler in 1657 and put to music by Francis F. Hagen in 1836.
- "Draconian Trilogy: Morning Star", a song by the Swedish symphonic metal band Therion on their 1998 album "Vovin".
- "Morning Star, Durbanville", a song by the South African punk rock band Fokofpolisiekar on their 2006 album Swanesang
- The Morning Star, play by Emlyn Williams
- Morning Star (novel), by Simon Raven
- Morningstar, novel by David Gemmell
- The Morning Star, trilogy of novels by Nick Bantock
- The Morning Star, 1979 book of poems and translations by Kenneth Rexroth
- Morning Star (comics), fictional Marvel Comics villain
- Morningstar, superhero from the Bogatyri comic books
- Morningstar, character in the Elementals comic book
- Morning Star, character in the Noble Warriors Trilogy of novels by William Nicholson
- Morningstar, character from the novel Jack of Shadows by Roger Zelazny
- Morningstar, Lucifer; Sandman comic books by Neil Gaiman
- Morning Star, novel by Sir Henry Rider Haggard
- The Morning Star, poem by Mihai Eminescu
- " The sun is but a Morning Star." Last line in Walden, novel by Henry David Thoreau.
- Morning star (weapon), spiked mace
- Morning Star (cannabis), strain of Cannabis sativa
- Morning Star (TV series), short-lived American soap opera
- Morning star (candlestick pattern), formation in financial candlestick chart
- Morning Star, painting by Alex Janvier
- Morning Star flag, the national flag of West Papua
- Morningstar commune, commune formed in the San Francisco area in the mid-1960s
- Morning Star Boys' Ranch, Spokane, Washington
- Morning Star ceremony, ritual ceremony including human sacrifice performed by the Pawnee tribe into the 19th century
- John Wycliffe, the English theologian, referred to as "The Morning Star of the Reformation"
- Morning Star Trust, U.K.-based, Christian sail training charity
- Morning Star International, former name of Every Nation Churches, an organization of non-denominational churches
- Jesus Morning Star, name of the Providence religious movement of Korea and Japan
- Evening Star (disambiguation)
- Morgenstern (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.