|Single by Malvina Reynolds|
|from the album Hide and Seekers|
|Format||12" single and various formats|
|Recorded||1957 Malvina Reynolds
1962 RCA Victor
1964 Music for Pleasure
1966 Columbia UK
1970 Pacific Cascade Records
2002 Lyons Group
"Morningtown Ride" is a lullaby, written and performed by Malvina Reynolds in 1957, and covered by a number of artists. It tells the 'comforting' story of the 'journey' through nighttime made by all the "little travellers" (children), on board a train, with the Sandman as guard.
- It was sung by the Limeliters, an American singing group led by Glenn Yarbrough, in their 1962 album "Through Children's Eyes." (RCA Victor LSP 2512 (stereo, RCA Victor LPM 2512 (mono)
- Performed by The Seekers with Bobby Richards and his Orchestra on the 1964 album Hide and Seekers (Music for Pleasure MFP 1301),
- It was subsequently released as a single (Columbia DB 8060), produced by Tom Springfield, reaching #2 in the UK Singles Chart in December 1966.
- Reynolds herself recorded it on her 1970 album Artichoks, Griddle Cakes, and Other Good Things (Pacific Cascade Records LP-7018).
- The Wiggles and Jimmy Little sang this song on their 2000 album "Wiggly Wiggly World" (Lyons Group).
- The Limeliters - Through Children's Eyes - RCA LSP 2512
- Seekers, The - Hide and Seekers (LP, Album) at Discogs
- Chart Stats - Cover Art for "Morningtown Ride" by Seekers
- Chart Stats - Seekers - Morningtown Ride
- Malvina Reynolds Discography / Recordings
- allmusic ((( Baby Beluga > Overview )))
- allmusic ((( Wiggly Wiggly World > Overview))