|Opening date||5 December 2011|
|Developer||Groupes Aksal, Nesk Investment et famille Akhnouch|
|Management||Groupes Aksal, Nesk Investment et famille Akhnouch|
|Owner||Groupes Aksal, Nesk Investment et famille Akhnouch|
|No. of stores and services||350+|
|Total retail floor area||2,000,000 square feet (190,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||3|
Morocco Mall is the second largest shopping center in Africa with 200 000m² of floor space in Casablanca, Morocco. Morocco Mall, which opened on December 1, 2011, was designed by Architect Davide Padoa of Design International, a global architecture boutique with its headquarters in London.
The mall features a massive 1,000,000 litre aquarium that contains over 40 different species of fish. The aquarium is called "Aquadream" and was designed and built by International Concept Management (ICM). Visitors have the opportunity to take a ride through the center of the cylinder shaped aquarium with a 360-degree view of the sea life. Visitors can also go scuba diving with a professional instructor inside the aquarium.
Morocco Mall was designed by Davide Padoa, CEO and principal architect of architecture firm, Design International.
Morocco Mall has won the following awards:
- 2012 ICSC- Design & Development (Gold)
- 2012 MIPIM- Best Shopping Centre
- 2012 MAPIC- Best Retail & Leisure Development
- 2012 Global RLI Awards- Most Innovative Retail & Leisure Concept
- "The largest in-store shop facade"- Guinness World Records
- 2011 Africa Property Awards- Best Retail Development Morocco
- 2011 African Property Awards- Best Retail Development in Africa
- 2009 Arabian Commercial Property Awards- The Architecture Award
- "LLe plus grand centre commercial d'Afrique, le Morocco Mall ouvre ses portes". Le journal du net. Retrieved 2011-12-06.