Morris Krok was born in Johannesburg and brought up in Durban, South Africa. As a young man, he started to seek solutions for his health problems and was influenced by natural healing writers of the 20th century such as Vincent Priessnitz, Louis Kuhne, Harry Benjamin, Arnold Ehret, Dugald Semple, George R. Clements, Walter Siegmeister, Essie Honiball and Johnny Lovewisdom. He also studied new age, occult, esoteric, yogic, spiritual and metaphysical writings from the East. Krok migrated to California to develop his work and writings, dedicating his life to the quest for knowledge about health, vitality and higher consciousness. A regular marathon runner, Krok died from cancer of the leg in 2005.
In the 1950s, a popular South African newspaper featured a story about Krok’s belief that fruit was the ideal food for humankind. In the 1990s and 2000s, David Klein Ph.D., publisher of Living Nutrition, chronicled Krok's famous sayings including "Man will always get colds if he persists in eating large quantities of mucous forming foods in the form of starch, dairy products and animal fats." and "Health is the balance between assimilation and elimination.” in the magazine. Central to Krok's thinking was that mucusless foods held the key to good health. In the article, A Yogic Perspective he describes how "To heal and avoid illness, one must alkalinize the body through a diet of predominately raw fruits and vegetables."
Krok wrote books on detoxification, internal purification, natural living, self-healing, fruitarianism, fasting, living foods, raw nutrition, physical culture, hatha yoga, meditation, deep breathing, higher consciousness, radiant energy, life extension and vitalism. As well as being an author, Krok published several books by other authors including Johanna Brandt, Otto Abramowski and Theos Bernard, through Essence of Health Publishers.
Krok's book Golden Path To Rejuvenation described how a non-toxic diet and the osmotic pressure of rainwater could detoxify and purify the membranes and tissues of the body. Krok believed that internal purification, was the direct and most effective way for a longer and youthful life. He described how not everything humans eat is used by the body, showing how accumulated wastes and toxins caused by an unnatural diet and other substances, result in illness and premature ageing. His internal purification programme was designed to help increase longevity and remain youthful. He believed internal cleansing in conjunction with plant foods was the 'golden path'. The book also explained the yogic vomit technique, a central part of the detoxification regime he endorsed.
Krok was one of a series of 20th century writers who wrote about fruitarianism, raw nutrition, fasting, detoxification, yoga and higher consciousness. His contemporaries included Brian Clement Ph.D, Dr. Douglas N. Graham, Viktoras Kulvinskas and Robert Gray. Authors who have endorsed Krok's writings in their books include John McCabe, Joe Alexander, Gary Null, Benito De Donno and David Wolfe.
Morris Krok advocated a fruitarian diet in his writings as the optimal diet and described how at stages during his life, he lived "only on fruits". It is claimed that he later advised against a diet of "only fruit" however, it was subsequently reported that Krok's diet consisted of "just fruit".
Books and booklets written by Morris Krok, many published through Essence Of Health Publishers:
- Amazing New Health System: Inner Clean Way, 1978
- Amazing New Health System: Inner Clean Way, Essence of Health, Wandsbeck, South Africa, 2001, ISBN 0-620-27362-3
- Cream of Yoga, 1987 (booklet)
- Diary Of A Health & Truth Seeker, 1967, 1969
- Diet Health And Living On Air, 1973
- El Frugivorismo de Durban, Barcelona: Cuadernos De Naturismo, ISBN 84-300-2049-7, 1980
- Formula For Long Life, 1967, 1977 and 2001 (originally From The Deathbed To Boisterous Health)
- From The Deathbed To Boisterous Health, 1962, 1963
- Fruit: The Food And Medicine For Man, 1961 (alternate title The Conquest Of Disease) 
- Fruit: The Food And Medicine For Man, Connecticut: O'mangod, 1967
- Golden Path To Rejuvenation: Life’s Most Important Knowledge, 1964
- Hatha Yoga In Its Moods Multivarious, 1959
- Hatha Yoga: The Vibrant Science Of Life, 1975
- Health, Diet, and Living on Air (1964)
- Health Truths Eternal, 1964
- Health Truths Eternal (booklet)
- Metaphysical Diary, 1960s
- Mystic Story (booklet)
- The Greater Miracle of Life, 1964
- The Kindred Soul: Teachings Of Eternal Truth, 1968
- Pathway To Truth, 1974
- Raw Juice Therapy & Self-Help, 1967
- Science of Natural Healing (booklet), 1961
- Soul Knowledge, 1960s (formerly Revelations Of The New Age)
- The Conquest Of Disease, 1961
- The Fog Lifts - autobiography (unpublished)
 Essence Of Health publications
- Fast Way To Health - Frank Mccoy
- Fruitarian Diet & Physical Rejuvenation - Otto Abramowski
- Fruitarian System Of Healing - Otto Abramowski, 1976
- Fruitarianism: Compassionate Way To Transform Health - Hannah Hurnard
- Garden Of The Lord - Hannah Hurnard
- Gardening Without Digging - Albert Guest, 1973
- Hatha Yoga - Theos Bernard, 2001, ISBN 0-9584460-1-6
- Heaven Lies Within Us - Theos Bernard, 2002, ISBN 0-9584461-1-3
- I Live On Fruit - Essie Honiball, 2002
- My Healing Secret
- The Physiological Enigma of Woman: The Mystery Of Menstruation - Raymond Bernard
- Prenatal Origin Of Genius - Raymond W. Bernard, (Foreword and Edited by Morris Krok), 1962
- The Grape Cure - Joanna Brandt
- Yoga Gave Me Superior Health (Heaven Lies Within Us) - Theos Bernard
- Yoga System Of Health - Yogi Vithaldas
 Books cited by Morris Krok
- Autogbiography Of A Yogi - Paramhansa Yogananda
- Doctor’s Disease And Health - Cyril Scott
- Everybody’s Guide To Nature Cure - Harry Benjamin
- Folk Medicine - DeForest Clinton Jarvis
- Game Of Life - Florence Shinn
- Hatha Yoga - Theos Benard
- Healing By Water - T. Hartley Hennessy
- Heaven Lies Within Us - Theos Bernard
- Mucusless Diet Healing System - Arnold Ehret
- Nature The Healer - Vera Richter
- New Science Of Healing - Louis Kuhn
- A Plea for The Order of the Golden Age - H. J. Williams
- Pacifying Panicking People -
- Provoker - John Toby
- Raw Eating - Aterhov T. Hovannessian
- Science Of Breath - Yogi Ramacharaka
- Sunfood Way To Health - Dugald Semple
- Why Grow Old - Tony Officer
- Blatant raw foodist propaganda!, Joe Alexander, Blue Dolphin Publishing, 1990, page 47 "Morris Krok, from South Africa, is another outstanding rawfoodist author, very much of a spiritual bent."
- South African Jewry, Leon Feldberg, Fieldhill Pub. Co., 1976, page 240, "Morris Krok. Director of Company. Born Johannesburg, 28 April 1931, son of Simon and Sarah Krok."
- Survival Into The 21st Century: Planetary Healers Manual, Viktoras Kulvinskas, Omnagod Press, 1979 - 323 pages, “In 1961, Dr. Morris Krok of Durban South Africa, published “Conquest of Disease,” where he reproduced a part of a speech by Dr. Moore, which was written up in: “Life Natural, Ganeshganar, Padukottai, S. Ry, India. Nov. 1960″.
- Dugald Semple, The Sunfood Way To Health, Health For All, 1956, 138 pages, "Your food determines in a large measure how long you shall live — how much you shall enjoy life, and how successful your life shall be."
- Creation of the Superman, Raymond W. Bernard, Health Research, 1996, Preface (Morris Krok), "This book reads like a fascinating story."
- The fruit hunters: a story of nature, adventure, commerce and obsession, Adam Gollner, Simon and Schuster, 2008, page 97, "Morris Krok's Fruit: The Food and Medicine of Man relates how he attended a fruitarian lecture with Essie Honiball, author of I Live On Fruit. Asked what one should eat, the answer is: "Fruit, of course."
- www.vibranthealthandwealth.com/vibrance/articles/krok.html Who Was Morris Krok?, David Klein, Living Nutrition, Volume 20, 2007, "The man who had written Formula For Long Life and had a small cult-like global following had died of cancer at age 74."
- Who Was Morris Krok? by David Klein Ph.D, Obituary, Living Nutrition, Volume 20, http://www.vibranthealthandwealth.com/vibrance/articles/krok.html
- http://www.livingnutrition.com/fwn/read.php?1,426,429 ‘Life’s Most Transforming Teachings: Morris Krok’s Quest, Morris Krok's Teachings by David Klein Ph.D, Living Nutrition, 9 October 2005
- Who Was Morris Krok? by David Klein Ph.D, Obituary, Living Nutrition, Volume 20, http://www.livingnutrition.com/backissues/contents.html#20
- A Yogic Perspective: Light alkalizing foods - the key to endurance and good health, Morris Krok, Living Nutition, vol. 6, 1990s
- The Grape Cure, Joanna Brandt, Durban: Essence of Health Publishers
- Water Into Gold, Ernestine Hill, Angus and Robertson, 1965, 291 pages, "Dr. Otto Abramowski was the grandson of a Governor of Warsaw, and had been a surgeon in the Franco-Prussian War of 1870, of which he told many a stirring tale."
- Experiences in Euphoria, USA: Living Nutrition, Vol. 7, 1990s "euphoria can only be experienced more often if mucous-forming and toxic foods are not eaten, so that the 24 feet of small intestines and few feet of colon, become scrupulously clean. When these are kept clean, this cleaniness will spill over to the lungs, sinuses, nasal passages and eustachian tubes. What I infer from these experiences is that the wonderful feeling of euphoria, does not depend on a specific vitamin, mineral, supplement or food, but on the thorough natural cleansing of the entire body. Foods that are the big culprits are all starches, dairy products, eating too much of any cooked food, as well as of natural concentrated raw foods such as avocado, nuts, dried fruits and dates."
- Experiences in Euphoria, USA: Living Nutrition, Vol. 7, 1990s, "If civilized man puts himself on an elimination program for an extended period of time, he will be shocked by the amount of stored slime that is dislodged and eliminated from the 30 feet of intestines and delicate brochial tubes of the lungs. As he discovers the principle of detoxification, he will understand why no pill, special food or stretching exercise can clear the large thick, salty, toxic accumulations that foul the body..... The sticky, slimy and toxic substances contained in starchy foods, dairy products and animal foods will in a short time, neutralize hours of physical endeavor."
- Yoga World Wide, Meenakashi Devi Gitananda, Satya Press, 1972, page 52, "Yoga is expounded in various parts of Africa. Morris Krok and Swami Sahajananda are in South Africa."
- Living foods for optimum health: staying healthy in an unhealthy world, Brian R. Clement, Theresa Foy DiGeronimo, Crown Publishing Group, 1998
- 80/10/10 Diet: Balancing Your Health, Your Weight, and Your Life One Luscious Bite at a Time, Douglas N. Graham, FoodnSport Press, 2006 - 348 pages
- The colon health handbook: new health through colon rejuvenation, Robert Gray, San Francisco: Emerald Publishing, 2002, 74 pages
- Sunfood Living: Resource Guide for Global Health, John McCabe, North Atlantic Books, 2007, 576 pages
- Blatant raw foodist propaganda!, or, Sell your stove to the junkman and feel great!, or, Consider your true nature, Joe Alexander, Blue Dolphin Publishing, 1990, page 47, "Morris Krok, from South Africa, is another outstanding rawfoodist author, very much of a spiritual bent.
- Complete Handbook of Nutrition, Gary Null, Random House, 1973
- Glimpses Of Reality, Benito De Donno, 2002, 424 pages
- The Sunfood Diet Success System: 36 Lessons in Health Transformation, David Wolfe, Maul Brothers, 2000, "Consider the words of Morris Krok in his book Diet, Health, And Living On Air: "In the metabolism of fats, sugars, and starches, the waste which is left behind is carbon dioxide and water."
- Morris Krok, Fruit: The Food and Medicine For Man, Connecticut: O'Mangod Press, (1961). page 17, Chapter 8: "It had taken me almost ten years of continual reading and meditation before I had the courage to live only on fruits.", Page 40, Chapter 19: "At the time of the incident I was living on all fruit.", Page 46, Chapter 21: "After living on fruit for about four months, raw vegetables tasted flat."
- "Tom Billings: dietary bio--continued, Part B, section, Other Important Lessons, August 2000"."By the way, Morris Krok now advises against a diet of only fruit, and he is an open, honest, and very nice person."
- Who Was Morris Krok?, David Klein Ph.D, Living Nutrition, Volume 20, 2007, http://www.vibranthealthandwealth.com/vibrance/articles/krok.html "Someone who attended the talk reported he said that at the moment he was eating a diet of just fruit. I’d never heard that he ate exclusively fruit; however, it would not be surprising if he did so for varying periods of time."