Morris Township, Grundy County, Illinois
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location in Grundy County
Grundy County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||3.9 sq mi (10 km2)|
|• Land||3.51 sq mi (9.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.38 sq mi (1.0 km2) 9.74%|
|Elevation||518 ft (158 m)|
|• Density||2,025.5/sq mi (782.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429395|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 3.9 square miles (10 km2), of which 3.51 square miles (9.1 km2) (or 90.0%) is land and 0.38 square miles (0.98 km2) (or 9.74%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Morris (east quarter)
The township contains Evergreen Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Morris Hospital Heliport
- Gebhard Woods State Park
- Goold Park
- Grundy County Courthouse & Govt Center
- William G. Stratton State Park
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- "Morris Township, Grundy County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Saratoga Township||Aux Sable Township|
|Erienna Township||Goose Lake Township|