|Motto: Come to Morrow|
Location in Clayton County and the state of Georgia
|• Total||3.39 sq mi (8.77 km2)|
|• Land||3.37 sq mi (8.74 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
|• Density||1,909/sq mi (737.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||30260, 30287|
|GNIS feature ID||0332423|
Morrow was founded in 1846 with the advent of the railroad into the area. It was incorporated as a city in 1943.
Morrow is located north of the center of Clayton County at  It is bordered to the north by Lake City and to the northwest by Forest Park. Downtown Atlanta is 13 miles (21 km) to the north. Interstate 75 passes through the southern part of the city, with access from Exit 233. The Southlake Mall is in the southwest part of the city near I-75.(33.578477, -84.340117).
MARTA serves the city.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,882 people, 1,731 households, and 1,166 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,656.9 people per square mile (639.0/km²). There were 1,823 housing units at an average density of 618.7 per square mile (238.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 44.1% African American, 36.4% White, 0.3% Native American, 12.9% Asian, 4% from other races, and 2.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6% of the population.
There were 1,731 households out of which 31.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.4% were married couples living together, 17.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.6% were non-families. 22.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.26.
In the city the population was spread out with 24.4% under the age of 18, 15.5% from 18 to 24, 29.5% from 25 to 44, 19.7% from 45 to 64, and 10.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females there were 92.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.9 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $46,569, and the median income for a family was $50,686. Males had a median income of $31,210 versus $24,886 for females. The per capita income for the city was $17,544. About 3.1% of families and 8.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.2% of those under age 18 and 8.6% of those age 65 or over.
Clayton County Public Schools operates public schools.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Morrow city, Georgia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- Hellmann, Paul T. (May 13, 2013). "Historical Gazetteer of the United States". Routledge. p. 240. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "The National Archives at Atlanta." National Archives. Retrieved on May 16, 2015. "5780 Jonesboro Road Morrow, Georgia 30260"