Morten Andersen (painter)
Morten Andersen (born 1976 i Aalborg, Denmark) is a contemporary artist with his own style developed through graffiti to "geometric expressionism" with reflections from cubism and futurism. Morten Andersen is a representative of the new "Urban art" and paints complicated geometric patterns entirely his own expression with lines stretched, colored, and angled with urban energies. Morten Andersen has educated himself through travels to Vietnam, China, France, Spain, Egypt and USA. He has exhibited throughout Europe, in USA and Abu Dhabi. In 2011 French Graffiti Art Magazine called him a prominent member of the one hundred contemporary artists to look out for.
Andersen paints with sprays, markers, and acrylics. He works and resides presently in Berlin, Germany.
- Scope Miami Beach, C.A.V.E. Gallery, Venice, California
- Geometry by Chance, Mirus Gallery, San Francisco
- I.D. Gallery, Abu Dhabi
- FUTURISM 2.0, London
- Rudimentary Perfection, Glasgow
- 1 Underdog Gallery, London
- MINI Countryman Open Air, Mudchute Park and Farm, London;
- Postland, Compound Gallery, Portland, USA;
- Art Basel, Art Whino Gallery, Miami.
- "Cosmic Graffiti" af Luc Bouffet i Graffti Art Magazine No. 12, 3-year anniversary issue, 2011
- C.A.V.E. Gallery (2013-12-02). "SCOPE Art Fair MIAMI 2013 « C.A.V.E. Gallery". Cavegallery.net. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- "Photo Recap Group Exhibition “Geometry of Chance” Mirus Gallery". Graffuturism. 2013-08-07. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- "Artist Profile - Morten Andersen". Futurism2-0.com. 2012-04-16. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- "The Birth of a Movement? Rudimentary Perfection Group Show Recap". Graffuturism. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- Graffiti Art Magazine, April 2012