He attended the University of Illinois and received bachelors and masters in architecture. He designed almost 40 homes in the Highland District of Waterloo during 1909 to 1926. He also designed commercial and public buildings. He worked creatively until 1969, age 86.:17
Works include (with attribution):
- Bremer County Court House, 415 E. Bremer Ave. Waverly, IA (Cleveland, Mortimer B.), NRHP-listed
- Dr. Salsbury's Laboratories, Main Office and Production Laboratory Building, 500 Gilbert St. Charles City, IA (Cleveland, Mortimer), NRHP-listed
- one or more works in Highland Historic District, roughly bounded by Independence Ave., Steely, Idaho, and Vine Sts. Waterloo, IA (Cleveland,Mortimer B.), NRHP-listed
- one or more works in North Grinnell Historic District, Park to W., 6th Ave. to 11th Ave. Grinnell, IA (Cleveland, Mortimer
- Roosevelt Elementary School, 200 E. Arlington St. Waterloo, IA (Cleveland, Mortimer B.), NRHP-listed
- YMCA Building, 154 W. 4th St. Waterloo, IA (Cleveland,Mortimer), NRHP-listed
- Clayton B. Fraser (March 15, 2004). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Roosevelt School" (PDF). Iowa History.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
|This article about a United States architect or architectural firm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|