|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (August 2012)|
Morwenna Lasko (born April 7, 1982) is a violinist who was raised in Easton, Connecticut. After seeing Itzhak Perlman on Sesame Street at the age of three, Lasko requested that her mother purchase her a violin. She then studied with Juilliard graduate Richard Errante while attending Joel Barlow High School. While also attending high school, her father founded a band that she would then play with him in called Cafe Musette. The band would play Gypsy-swing, Irish and Scottish music.
Lasko attended the Berklee College of Music, studying with Jamie Haddad, Rob Thomas and Matt Glaser. In 2005, she then moved to Charlottesville, Virginia where she began to teach and do session work. After college, she began playing in a bluegrass band when she then discovered that she wanted to offer more in the way of a variety of styles and writing with Berklee classmate and friend, Jay Pun. It was then that they formed the duo in which they currently play. The pair occasionally performs as a quartet, adding drums and upright bass.
- "Etopia" 2005 (out of print)
- "Chioggia Beat" 2009 f/ Pierre Bensusan & Rashawn Ross of Dave Matthews Band
- Untitled 2012(?)...
- supporting Julian Lage - The Falcon, Marlboro, NY 2011
- supporting Vusi Mahlasela - Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville, VA 2011
- supporting Dave Matthews Band - Sidestage, Raleigh, NC 2007
- supporting Toubab Krewe - Starr Hill Music Hall, Charlottesville, VA 2007
- supporting Avett Brothers - Starr Hill Music Hall, Charlottesville, VA 2006
- A Sound All of Their Own article
- FloydFest 2011- Best All Around review
- Artist biography and website
- Morwenna Lasko and Jay Pun Facebook
- Official YouTube Channel
- "Morwenna Lasko & Jay Pun 'step in' Saturday at the Millennium Stage". The Washington Examiner. August 11, 2011. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- "Show blending old and new". The Daily Progress.