||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2014)|
The Expocentre is an exhibition company in Moscow.
The General Director of the Expocentre is Sergey S. Bednov.
The centre has a 50-year history.
Annually, Expocentre Fairgrounds hosts over 100 exhibitions. The number of professional visitors is over two million people. It also accommodates over 600 conventions, symposia and conferences. The total exposition space is 165,000 square metres of which 105,000 square metres are indoor and 60,000 square metres outdoor.
Today, Expocentre Fairgrounds has nine exhibition pavilions, halls to hold conventions, press conferences, meetings, seminars and symposia.
When compiling its event schedule, Expocentre takes into account priority trends of the Russian and global economies. One of the company’s main fields of activity is participation in implementation of national priority projects and development of innovation programmes.
- A member of UFI – the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry since 1975; Expocentre’s 22 events are approved by UFI and carry its logo: Khimia (chemical industry), Consumexpo (consumer goods), Zdravookhraneniye (health care), Prodexpo (foodstuffs and beverages), Mebel (furniture), Lesdrevmash (timber industry), Metalloobrabotka (metalworking), Agroprodmash (agriculture and food processing), Sviaz-Expocomm (telecommunications), Elektro (electric industry), Inlegmash (light industry), Mir Stekla (glass industry), Neftegaz (oil and gas), Mir Detstva (goods for children), Obuv. Mir Kozhi (shoes and leather products), Reklama (advertising), and Sklad.Transport.Logistika (warehousing, transportation, logistics), Photonics. The World of Lasers and Optics, Toy and Game, Interlakokraska (paints and varnishes), CJF (child and junior fashion) and Healthy Life-style.
- A member of InterEXPO – the Association of Organisers of Exhibitions Abroad and of National participations in International Trade Fairs and Exhibitions since 1978
- A member of ICCA– the International Congress and Convention Association since 2006
- A member of AIPC – the International Association of Congress Centres since 2005
- A founding member of RUEF – the Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs since 1991; Expocentre’s 27 events are certified by RUEF and carry its label
Expocentre provides services to participants and visitors to its exhibitions and conventions. It allowed the company to become a member of IFES – the International Federation of Exhibition and Event Services. (IFES, 2011).
All events held by Expocentre enjoy support from Russian federal ministries, agencies and the Government of Moscow. The event programme is compiled with participation of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and various professional associations. Expocentre is a member of the Guild of Exhibition and Fairs Organisers of the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry.