Moscow International Forum for Innovative Development «Open Innovations»
|Moscow International Forum for Innovative Development «Open Innovations»|
|Genre||innovations, science, economy|
|Date(s)||2012, 2013, 2014|
Moscow International Forum for Innovative Development «Open Innovations» is a global discussion platform dedicated to the advanced technologies and perspectives of the international cooperation in the sphere of innovations. The Forum serves for strengthening of the international collaboration with the aim of creation of the innovation leaders’ club. Forum objectives:
- Creation of new instruments for international cooperation in the field of innovation
- Involvement of top officials and international corporations, as well as representatives of the scientific community and developers of innovative technologies in the dialogue on strategic partnership
- Exchange of practical experience in the field of technology, financing mechanisms and methods of forecasting of innovations.
- Technology foresight and promotion of commercialization of existing technologies.
The event is focused on forecasting technology trends, defining the role of «innovation ecosystem» in global processes and formation of the Russian and international agendas of innovative development. Forum brings together the representatives of science, business and government. Business forum program includes analysis of the experience of the countries that made a technological breakthrough, the study of feasibility of scaling these practices, exchange of experience in successful technology solutions for industry.
The first Open Innovations Forum and exhibition «Open Innovations Expo» took place in Moscow October 31 to November 3, 2012 at SEC «Expocentre».
- Global challenges to the humanity: the demand for innovation
- WORLD 2030: vision, opportunities, risks
- Technologies changing the world
- Russian institutes of development—a look from the outside, the inside story
Forum programs statistics
|62 events; 4 plenary sessions; 472 speakers; 46% foreign speakers|
The Forum guests attended presentations by Russian and foreign experts in innovative development. Among the invited speakers there were a venture capitalist Richard Branson, scientists Peter Head, Jeroen van der Hoeven and Josh Lerner; the advisory partner for corporate relations and responsibility at Nokia Corporation Esko Aho, founder and chairman of the Board of Directors at ABBYY David Yang, a co-founder of Sun Microsystems, the founder of NetDay and JavaOne John Gage, Institute for Large Scale Innovation Chairman and CEO John Kao, CEO of Burrill & Company Steven Burrill, president of the Landa Corporation Benny Landa, entrepreneur, writer and social activist Esther Dyson and others. On the Russian side there were such authorities as: Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Forum, Vladislav Surkov, CEO and Chairman of the Board of JSC «RVC» Igor Agamirzyan, Chairman of RUSNANO Anatoly Chubais, the president of Skolkovo Viktor Vekselberg, Executive Director, AIRR, Chairman, Supervisory Board, Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises in Science and Technology Ivan Bortnik  and others.
In 2013 the Open Innovation Forum and Exhibition «Open Innovations Expo»  took place in Moscow October 31 to November 2 at IEC «Crocus Expo». The main guests of the Forum were the Prime ministers of Russia, Finland and France: the first day of the Forum, Dmitry Medvedev, Jyrki Katainen and Jean-Marc Ayrault met with representatives of innovative, entrepreneurial and scientific community; participants of the youth program 100 Innovators and also took part in plenary session «National strategies of leadership in the hyperlinked world».
- I am a Game Changer
- Proven state leadership strategies in a hyper-connected world
- Emerging technologies powering the global economy
Forum programs statistics
|48 events; 3 plenary sessions; 495 speakers; 41% foreign speakers|
The guests were presented ideas of Russian and foreign experts of innovative development. Among the speakers there were: CEO of X PRIZE Foundation, Peter Diamandis, scientists Skylar Tibbits  and Omid Farokhzad, president of Huawei Russia Wan Biao, Professor of Innovation, University of Texas, Austin, Bob Metcalfe, chairman at Alcatel-Lucent Philippe Camus, executive vice president of technologies and innovation at Royal Dutch Shell Gerald Schotman and others. On the Russian side there were such authorities as: Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Arkady Dvorkovich, CEO and Chairman of the Board of JSC «RVC» Igor Agamirzyan, Chairman of RUSNANO Anatoly Chubais, the president of Skolkovo Viktor Vekselberg, Executive Director, AIRR, Chairman, Supervisory Board, Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises in Science and TechnologyIvan Bortnik and others.
Technopolis Moscow, based on former Moskvich car factory, became the venue of the Forum in 2014. China became official partner country. Heads of government of Russia and China, Dmitry Medvedev and Li Keqiang, attended the first Forum's day.
- The Emerging Global Innovation Map: Closing The Gap Between Countries
- When Knowledge And Technology Converges: Enabling Cross-Industry Innovation
Forum program statistics
|72 events; 2 plenary sessions; 476 speakers|
Among participants of Open Innovations Forum in 2014 were Ministers of the Russian Federation: Nikolai Nikiforov, Andrei Fursenko, Dmitry Livanov, Alexander Galushka; CEOs: Viktor Vekselberg (Skolkovo), Dmitry Konov (Sibur), Anatoly Chubais ( RUSNANO), Bo Andersson (businessman)(AvtoVAZ), Guo Ping (Huawei), Joe Liu (3M), Rupert Keeley (PayPal); scientists: Vladimir Fortov, Kurt Wüthrich and others.
Youth program  of the Open Innovations Forum is a project that provides an opportunity for talented young people to participate in discussion of the issues of global high technology development, visit leading innovation centers of Moscow to exchange experience with colleagues from other countries and get advice of leading experts in the area of high technologies.
- To increase interest of Russian youth audience to innovative topics
- To show innovation ecosystem in the Moscow region to young entrepreneurs from around the world
- To help talented young people to become participants of global innovation agenda discussion
- 100 Innovators club development 
- Young innovators and startup founders younger 35 years.
- Students and graduates.
Venues of 2012:
Venues of 2013:
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Bauman University
- IEC «Crocus Expo»
- USUE (Yekaterinburg)
- KNRTU (Kazan)
- ISTU (Irkutsk)
- Open Innovations Expo Exhibition
- Lectures in the leading universities of Russia
- Circle of videoconferences - presentations of regional and international projects (France and Finland), estimated by the experts in Moscow
- Special program for the international group «100 Innovators»
- InnoKids laboratory
Venues of 2014:
- Technopolis Moscow
- Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys
- Urals State University of Economics
- Plug and Play Dagestan
- Samara State Aerospace University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Hypercube (Skolkovo)
- Department of Information Systems at the University of Münster
- Lappeenranta University of Technology
Open Innovation Expo exhibition
«Open Innovations Expo» is Russia's first international high-tech exhibition. Thanks to its concept that allows bringing together developers of innovative products and technologies, technology sector businessmen, investment community and institutes of development, scientists and politicians from around the world, the Forum is included in international ratings of events along with global exhibition brands. The exhibition is focused on the development of innovative products and technologies, entrepreneurs and investors of the technological sector, investment community and institutes of development, representatives of various tiers of power in Russia and other countries. In 2013 the theme Open Innovation Expo was «New materials». In the framework of the business program of the exhibition the international conference «Composites without borders» took place.
Statistics of Open Innovation Expo 2012:
- The exhibition was visited by more then 10,000 people
- The total number of participating companies: 515 
- Demonstration of the latest developments: over 1,000 projects from 16 countries
Statistics of Open Innovation Expo 2013:
- The exhibition was visited by more than 12,000 people
- The total number of participating companies: 530 
- Demonstration of the latest developments: over 1,000 projects from 9 countries
Statistics of Open Innovation Expo 2014:
- The exhibition was visited by more than 16,000 people
- The total number of participating companies: 490
- Over 700 startups from 19 countries attended the exhibition
Forum is implementing a program "Partnership for Innovations" assuming international cooperation in the organization and staging of the "Open Innovations" Forum and Exhibition.
The status of the Partner Country implies participation of government leaders in the business program, enhanced representation of the partner country at the Open Innovations Expo and organization of special events.
France and Finland
Finland and France were partner countries in 2013. The Forum was attended by the heads of government: Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Finland Jyrki Katainen and the Prime Minister of the French Republic Jean-Marc Eero.
During the 18th regular meeting between the heads of the Russian and Chinese governments Prime Minister of Russia Dmitry Medvedev has invited Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China Li Keqiang to attend the "Open Innovations" Forum and welcomed China to become the partner country in 2014. Mr. Li Keqiang has accepted the invitation.
- Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- JSC «RVC»
- Skolkovo Foundation
- JSC «RUSNANO»
- The Government of Moscow
- Chamber of Commerce of the Russian Federation
- Agency for Strategic Initiatives to promote new projects
- Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises in Science and Technology
- State Corporation «Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs Vnesheconombank»
- Global challenges to the humanity: the demand for innovation - YouTube.com
- Plenary Session. The World in 2030: Vision, Opportunities and Risks - YouTube.com
- Plenary Session. Technologies changing the world - 2012.forinnovations.org
- Plenary Session. Russian institutes of development—a look from the outside, the inside story - YouTube.com
- Forum 2012 Official Program
- Forum 2012 Special Program
- Open Innovations - Virgin.com
- Igor Agamirzyan
- Ivan Bortnik
- Speakers of the Forum 2012
- Open Innovations Expo
- Plenary session "I am a Game Changer" - 2013.forinnovations.org
- Plenary session "Proven state leadership strategies in a hyper-connected world" - 2013.forinnovations.org
- Plenary session "Emerging technologies powering the global economy" - 2013.forinnovations.org
- Forum 2013 Official Program
- Forum 2013 Special Program
- Skylar Tibbits
- Omid Farokhzad
- Wan Biao
- Speakers of the Forum 2013
- "On 14-16 October the Third Moscow International Forum for Innovative Development "Open Innovations" and the Open Innovations Expo Took Place". Yahoo Finance.
- "In Russia, an attempt to build its own Silicon Valley on the Moskva River". Fortune.
- Youth program
- 100 Innovators club development
- Composites without borders
- Statistics of Open Innovation Expo 2012:
- Exhibitors 2012
- Exhibitors 2013
- "Results of the III Moscow International Forum for Innovative Development "Open Innovations" and Open Innovations Expo". Open Innovations Forum.
- Partnership for Innovations
- Partnership for Innovations — 2013
- Partnership for Innovations
- Eighteenth regular meeting between the heads of the Russian and Chinese governments
- Official website of the Open Innovations Forum
- Official website of the Youth program of the Open Innovations Forum
- Open Innovations Youtube channel
- Open Innovations LinkedIn account
- Russia looks inward and outward at Moscow’s 2013 Open Innovations Forum
- Dmitry Grishin on the robots of the future
- Interview: Droplet co-founder Steffan Aquarone talks mobile payments
- Moscow Open Innovations Forum: Reputation Management in Social Networks
- Russian R&D Spreads its Wings
- Kendrick White: “Russia needs to develop ecosystems inside of universities”
- TECH REPORT: Russia Serious about Technology
- Technology Expert Sees Fear of Failure Inhibiting Russian Innovation
- With hyper-connectivity, 'we're reinventing what it means to be human'
- Battle Against Moscow Congestion Rages On
- Getting Ahead Through Innovation in Tough Times
- Can the Internet really "save the world," or are we just wasting our time?
- Open Innovations Exhibition Shows New Technologies and Explains Start-Ups Using One Cup of Coffee
- Prices on Energy Drives Technology Innovation – Dvorkovich
- Expert: Russian Investment Should be First of All Investment in the Education System
- Forum Shows Russian Ingredients of Innovation Recipe
- Open Innovations: "Hyper-connectivity will usher in a new human evolutionary stage"
- Moscow Open Innovation Forum 2013 opens for business
- Russian Chip Firm Opens MRAM Fab
- Moscow Becomes New Innovations Workshop
- Arkady Dvorkovich: Open Innovations Forum a Success, Technology Spread in Russian Regions
- Russia Best Place for Investments – Medical Company Executive
- Innovations: a “Win-Win Game” for Society and Business
- Expert: Russia Should Keep its Researchers in the Country
- Geography and Humility to Fuel Open Innovation Forum