Moscow Mathematical Society
The Moscow Mathematical Society is a society of Moscow mathematicians aimed at the development of mathematics in Russia. The first meeting of the society was 27 September [O.S. 15 September] 1864. Nikolai Brashman was the first president of MMO. Victor Vassiliev is the current president of MMO.
Former presidents 
- Nikolai Brashman (1864-1866)
- August Davidov (1866-1886)
- Vasily Jakovlevich Zinger (1886-1891)
- Nikolai Bugaev (1891-1903)
- P. A. Nekrasov (1903-1905)
- Nikolai Zhukovsky (1905-1921)
- Boleslav Mlodzeevskii (1921-1923)
- Dmitri Egorov (1923-1930)
- Ernst Kolman (1930-1932)
- Pavel Alexandrov (1932-1964)
- Andrey Kolmogorov (1964–1966, 1973–1985)
- Israel Gelfand (1966–1970)
- Igor Shafarevich (1970–1973)
- Sergei Novikov (1985-1996)
- Vladimir Arnold (1996-2010)
See also 
- Smilka Zdravkovska, Peter Duren (Herausgeber): The golden ages of Moscow Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, 2007.
- Moscow Mathematical Society homepage
- O'Connor, John J.; Robertson, Edmund F., "Moscow Mathematical Society", MacTutor History of Mathematics archive, University of St Andrews.