|Chinese name||林益民 (simplified)|
|Born||1950 (age 62–63)
Moses Lim (born 1950) is a Singaporean actor, comedian, entertainer and food connoisseur, known for playing Tan Ah Teck in the Singaporean sitcom Under One Roof.
Lim took his Secondary education at Maris Stella High School and Pre-University education at Anglican High School. Even so, he could speak many languages like French, English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese and many other dialects.
He played Eric Tan in the Singaporean film Just Follow Law. Lim's famous tagline from Under One Roof is: "This reminds me of a story." For his effort in Under One Roof, Lim became the first Singaporean actor to win an award at the Asian Television Awards for Best Male Actor in a Comedy. Lim also starred in the Okto television series Zero Hero as Grandpa Magnificent. He performed at the 2012 stage play, Happily Ever Laughter.
Lim's gourmet career started in 1993, when a film agency asked him to host a thematic gourmet tour, to which Lim agreed. He is the founder and manager of the Moses Lim Gourmet Club, which organizes gourmet tours on a bi-annually basis. Lim also serves as brand ambassador for Singaporean porridge restaurant Zhen Zhou Dao, which is run by his son-in-law and eldest daughter.
Lim serves as chairman for a bridal store and a real estate company.
Lim is married to a Taiwanese wife.
- Yong, Shu Hoong. "Battle of comperes". POSbank. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- Toh, Christopher (July 7, 2009). "Wholly Moses!". Channel News Asia.
- Seah, Dapne (October 30, 2011). "I don’t eat pets: Moses Lim". Yahoo!. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- "Funny gang's worst moments". The Business Times. June 8, 2012. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- Guo, Wei Ho (June 9, 2012). "HAPPY EVER LAUGHTER: MOSES LIM". Fever Avenue. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- Quek, Eunice (November 17, 2012). "Celebrity-fronted eateries roll out chic concepts". The Sunday Times. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
|This Singaporean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|