Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus
Church of God in Christ Jesus
Iglesia ng Dios kay Kristo Hesus
|Region||North America, Asia especially in the Philippines|
|Origin||1922 (registration in Philippine Government)
|Congregations||(no official count)|
|Official website||Official Website URL|
The Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus (Filipino: Kabanalbanalang Iglesia ng Dios kay Kristo Hesus), is an independent Christian denomination founded in the Philippines by Teofilo D. Ora in May 1922.
The church was founded by Bishop Teofilo D. Ora in 1922. He, along with Avelino Santiago and Nicolas Perez, split off from the Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ) in 1922. They initially called their church Iglesia Verdadera de Cristo Hesus (True Church of Christ Jesus). However, following a religious doctrine controversy, Nicolas Perez split off from the group and registered an offshoot called Iglesia ng Dios kay Kristo Hesus, Haligi at Suhay ng Katotohanan (Church of God in Christ Jesus, the Pillar and Support of the Truth). Teofilo D. Ora assumed the position of bishop until his death in 1969. He was officially succeeded by Bishop Salvador C. Payawal who led the church until 1989. Subsequent bishops were Bishop Gamaliel T. Payawal (1989 to 2003) and Bishop Isagani N. Capistrano (2003–present). It was during Gamaliel Payawal's tenure when the church was renamed as Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus.
Mission of the Church
To preach the gospel of the Kingdom of God or Kingdom of Heaven, to the whole world, all the nations, produce fruits, care for and insure the fruits last and become one holy nation, make Christ Jesus their Lord, with hope and Agape in God.
Just like the other nations in this lowland, the church as a Spiritual Nation has its own anthem, the "Psalm of Zion", which is based on 1 Peter 2:9-10.
The Most Holy Church's flag is made up of three colors, each of which symbolizes an aspect of the church.
- RED - symbolizes Love of God
- WHITE - symbolizes Holiness
- YELLOW - symbolizes Faith
The flag is based on the design of the Philippine national flag, having a white triangle with its base at the hoist, and a bi-color field, in this case gold and red. The church's seal is in the triangle. The seal on the flag has a gold eagle on top, clutching a white arching ribbon with red upper case letters reading "KABANALBANALANG".
Beneath the ribbon is a ring formed by a gold cord on the outer edge and a gold chain on the inner edge, voided white, with red upper case letters reading "IGLESIA NG DIOS" in the upper half and "KAY KRISTO HESUS" in the lower. Within the ring is a gold upright anchor on a background voided white.
Ang Kabanalbanalan is the church's evangelistic radio program which aim to preach the gospel of the Kingdom of God or Kingdom of Heaven on a wider reach and airs on the following radio stations in the Philippines:
DWBL 1242 kHz AM Band
- Every Wednesday - 9:00pm – 10:00pm
- and Sunday - 4:00pm – 6:00pm
KISS FM 95.1 Lucena City
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - 7:00-7:30PM
- and Saturday - 7:00pm – 9:00pm
YES FM 104.1 - Urdaneta City
- Every Saturday 7:00pm – 8:00pm
The 'Agape Choir' is the name of the then choir from Division of Chelal (then Pampanga and Bataan) and later on was used to become the name of the Church's national choir. The Choir Ministry selected individuals to become the National Church Choir from the members of different special division choirs then, namely the:
- Panatag Choir from Division Metro Manila,
- Spirit Filled Choir from Division of Rizal, Cavite, Laguna,
- Sanghimig Choir from Division of Pampanga and Bataan, and
- Maranatha Choir from Division of Bulacan.
The word shalom is used in greeting members whenever they meet on such occasions like church service, thanksgiving, and many other church related activities or even in the streets. The word mizpah is used whenever the members depart on such occasions as from a church service, thanksgiving, and many other church related activities.
- Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus Official Website (Philippines)
- Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus Official Website (Canada)
- Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus Official Website (California)
- Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus - Unofficial Blogspot Site
- Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus of Canada - Library of Songs of Worship
- Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus (Online Sermon Archives)