Motherwell F.C. Reserve and Youth squads
|Full name||Motherwell Football & Athletic Club Ltd.|
|Founded||17 May 1886|
|Capacity||2000 (384 Seated)|
|Full name||Motherwell Football Club Under 20s|
|Ground||Fir Park[note 1]
|Head Coach||Jonatan Johansson|
|League||Scottish Premier under-20 League|
The reserve team of Motherwell is known simply as Motherwell Reserves.
Motherwell have been an ever-present in the Scottish Premier Reserve League since its formation in the 1998/99 season. Initially starting as an Under 21 league, the reserve league was open to all age groups from season 2004/05.
The Motherwell reserve team withdrew their team from the 2009/10 season due to financial constraints and a lack of support from other clubs, leading to the leagues eventual abandonment. Motherwell Reserves now play friendly matches.
First Team manager Stuart McCall manages the reserve side, which mainly consists of players who are not a first-team regular. Also, players returning from injury and on-form under 20 players compete in reserve games as well.
- Scottish Premier Reserve League Runners-up (1): 2006–07
Under 20s Team
The Motherwell Under 20 team regularly compete in the Scottish Premier under-20 League (which they have done since its formation in 1998) and the Scottish Youth Cup. It was previously the Motherwell Under 19 team until it was changed for the 2012-13 season. They now play their home games at Fir Park, Motherwell, having previously played home matches at Hannah Park and Creamery Park. Jonatan Johansson manages the Under 20 side.
- Scottish Premier Reserve League Runners-up (3): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2009–10[note 3]
- SFA Youth Cup Runner-up (1): 1987
The club also have the newly formed Motherwell Academy. The academy was formed in 2012, and consists of teams made up of players and coaches from under-11 to under-17 level. The youth teams train at a sports facility based within Braidhurst High School.
|Academy Director||Scott Leitch|
|Chief Scout||Bobby Jenks|
|Reserve team coach||Stuart McCall|
|Under 20's team coach||Jonatan Johansson|
|Goalkeeping coach||Gordon Marshall|
|Head of Performance Analysis||Ross Clarkson|
|Physiotherapists||Adam Stokes & John Porteous|
Former youth team players
- Scottish Premier League website – Reserve League news
- Scottish Premier League website – Reserve League tables
- Scottish Premier League website – Reserve League fixtures
- Scottish Premier League website – Under-20 League news
- Scottish Premier League website – Under-20 League table
- Scottish Premier League website – Under-20 League fixtures
- Scottish Football Association website – SFA Youth Cup results and archive
- Dalziel Park Information, Dalziel High School War memorial Trust
- "Fir Park Stadium". Motherwell F.C. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "TV: Johansson confirmed as U20s coach". Motherwell F.C. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- SPL Reserve League - General Information
- Managers united in call to scrap SPL reserves, Roddy Forsyth: The Daily Telegraph, published 5th January 2009
- "SPL to create Under-20 league". sport.stv.tv (STV Sport). 12 April 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- Motherwell FC Squad Numbers – Scottish Premier League
- Coaching Staff, Motherwell F.C.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)|
- The under 20 side use the Excelsior Stadium in Airdrie as an alternate venue for some matches.
- Final Position in the league.
- in the 2009-10 season, Motherwell under 19s were also the top scorers in the division.
- This player has also represented their country at full international level.