|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|LC Class||PZ7.R25576 Mot 2008|
Mothstorm is a young adult novel by Philip Reeve, released in October 2008. Illustrated by David Wyatt, it is the third book in the Larklight Trilogy, sequel to the 2007 novel Starcross.
A mysterious cloud starts moving through the Solar System. A British ship is sent to Georgium Sidum to investigate, and finds giant moths and blue lizards. Most of the group is captured, but Arthur is saved by Jack's crew. They rescue Captain Moonfield, and with him they warn the Jovian System. It is revealed the lizards, called the Snilth, are led by a Rogue Shaper called the Mothmaker. They are able to repulse the first attack, but the Mothstorm then goes to Earth. Mrs Mumby and Arthur are able to destroy the Mothmaker with a formula Shapers use to destroy themselves after creating a system. It is revealed Ssilla is descended from a Snilth Queen who rebelled against the Mothmaker long ago, but had her clan slaughtered. Ssilla then becomes the Queen of the Snilth, and their miniature Sun is towed into orbit around Hades (Neptune), which they inhabit. Meanwhile as a reward for Jack's services enough antidote is produced to turn back all the Venusian colonists.
- Geoff Fox (January 2009), "Mothstorm", Books for Keeps (the children's books magazine) (London: School Bookshop Association) (No. 174), ISSN 0143-909X, retrieved 2009-08-30
- Mary Quattlebaum (14 December 2008), "Adventure! Mystery! Romance! Four Novels Sure to Entertain Kids", The Washington Post: BW10, retrieved 2009-08-30
- Book review digest 105 (3), H. W. Wilson Company, 2009
- Mothstorm by Philip Reeve, David Wyatt - Lovereading 4 Kids, book reviews and free opening extracts, retrieved 2009-08-30
- Harriet Reed, Mothstorm by Philip Reeve and David Wyatt, The Book bag, retrieved 2009-08-30
|This article about a young adult novel or novella is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|