||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
|Practice||Bodek Architects Ltd. Tel Aviv|
|Buildings||Eilat Sports Center, Bikur Holim Hospital Jerusalem|
Moti Bodek (Hebrew: מוטי בודק; b. 1961) is an Israeli architect, the owner of the firm Bodek Architects based in Tel Aviv, and a senior lecturer at the Architecture department in Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem.
Moti Bodek was born and grew in Haifa. He served in the Israeli security forces between the years 1979-1985. In 1989 he graduated with honors the department of Environmental Design at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design Jerusalem, and in 1990 he earned his B.Arch. degree from the Faculty of Architecture in the Technion, Haifa. Between the years 1987-1993 Bodek worked at Avraham Yasky architects company at Tel Aviv, and at the same time he founded (1990) his own architectural firm Bodek Architects. In 1991, Bodek began teaching at Bezalel, and in 1995 he got his M.P.A degree from Clark University, Massachusetts, U.S.A.. Between the years 2001-2004 Bodek served as deputy head of the Architecture department at Ariel University and currently he is a senior lecturer and the Head of Lecturers Organization at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design. Bodek was one of the founders of staff organizations board at higher education institutions and also served as Deputy Chairman.
Bodek engaged in a research, design and construction of buildings and projects based on high skills in techniques of manufacturing and construction. These structures demonstrating innovation and engineering courage inspired by natural systems with reference to constructive systems, functional and formal parameters, and to methods of original and inexpensive construction. His work belong to the contemporary developing discipline of Biomimicry (Imitation of Life), which seeks to find an effective and sustainable solutions to the design and technological challenges of today by learning and imitation of the principles, the forms and the ecological processes in nature.
- Eilat Sports Center.
- Tiberias Football Stadium.
- Tel Aviv University Sports Centre.
- New neighborhood near Beersheba River Park.
- Two pedestrian bridges, Ashdod.
- Sea Sports Centre & Sailing Club Eilat.
- Synagogue, near Ashkelon.
- Bikur Holim Hospital, Jerusalem.
- The russian embassy house on Rothschild Boulevard, Tel Aviv.
- Tel Aviv Central Bus Station.
- Biomimicry Architecture influenced by systems of nature, Exhibition of Buildings & Projects by Architect Moti Bodek. International Week, FHP University of Applied Sciences, freiLand Potsdam Germany. 12-16 May 2014.
Conferences & Lectures
- Education Committee of the Knesset, August 2007
- Houses From Within, Tel Aviv. May 2008
- Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem, June 2012
- Sports and Architecture, Archijob Center Tel Aviv, July 2012
- Biomimicry Architecture influenced by systems of nature, HIT – Holon Institute of Technology, May 2013
- Works in Progress, ZEZEZE Architecture Gallery, Tel Aviv, November 2013
- IMPACT, the Israeli Professional Visual Artists Association, Beit Ariela Library Tel Aviv, December 2013
- Potsdam International Week Opening Lecture, freiLand, Potsdam Germany, May 2014
- Biomorphic Architectural Concepts - Lecture and Workshop, freiLand, Potsdam Germany, May 2014
- Craft Contemporary Material Culture Conference, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design Jerusalem, May 2014
- IMPACT, the Israeli Professional Visual Artists Association, Alfred Gallery Tel Aviv, September 2014
- Zandberg, Esther (2003-12-18). "Surroundings / Ugly as sin". Haaretz.
- Dvir, Noam (2009-07-14). "Reaching new heights". Haaretz.
- Ministry of Housing (2011-02-10). "Synagogue near Ashkelon". (P.33-36 Hebrew)
- Dvir, Noam (2011-03-07). "Jerusalem reaches for the heavens". Haaretz.
- Houses From Within (2011-05-20). "Russian Embassy on Rothschild Boulevard". Tour no.75.
- Jacobson, Michael (2011-09-15). "Eilat Sports Center/היכלות ושעשועים". Xnet (Hebrew).
- Riba, Na'ama (2012-09-15). "Eilat Sports Center/מה העירייה עושה למענך השנה". Xnet (Hebrew).
- Battistini, Francesco (2012-10-14). "Las Vegas of Arabia". Corriere della Sera.
- Ashtoker, Ofer (2012-11-08). "Pedestrian bridge in Ashdod/גשר להולכי רגל באשדוד". Ashdod Net (Hebrew).
- Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem. "Faculty Staff".
- Riba, Na'ama (2013-11-26). "Eilat's red egg: a new gymnasium at Tse'elim school /הביצה האדומה של אילת: אולם הספורט החדש בבית ספר צאלים". Xnet (Hebrew).
- On the Ground, Works in Progress (2013-11-11). "ZEZEZE Architecture Gallery".
- "University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule), Potsdam, Germany. Biomimicry, Architecture influenced by systems of nature, Exhibition of Buildings & Projects".
- "Bezalel, Academy of Art and Design Jerusalem, Israel. Biomimicry, Architecture influenced by systems of nature, Exhibition of Buildings & Projects".