||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2011)|
|Stable release||1.0 / November 2009|
Moto CMS (formerly known as FlashMoto CMS) is a website builder (content management system) that allows users to create and manage websites without getting into coding and programming. Moto CMS enables users to update their websites with a WYSIWYG environment and all of the changes can be applied and viewed immediately.
MotoCMS is available for HTML and Flash websites, and is offered along with a complete pre-designed website solution. The functionality of Moto CMS for HTML is the same for all HTML websites powered by MotoCMS. As to Flash websites, the set of widgets and tools in the templates may vary.
The version for HTML sites includes the following functionality: widgets for contact forms creation, gallery widgets, general widgets, PayPal Buttons, Rich Content widget, Vimeo Video, Google Maps menu widgets, Mobile Editor, Image Editor, Google fonts, and more.
The version for Flash sites provides a set of tools, widgets and built-in components for video and image galleries creation, video and MP3 player embedding, mobile version creation, custom widgets integration, search engine optimization tools, custom fonts, image editing, and more.
- Founded in 2008 by Demetrio Fortman and originally named as FlashMoto, the project launched in open beta in August 2009.
- In September 2009 FlashMoto signed an agreement with TemplateMonster according to which TemplateMonster is obliged to create a separate web templates category – Flash CMS templates. These Flash CMS templates meet the FlashMoto requirements and can be easily customized via FlashMoto control panel.
- In November 2009 FlashMoto released a standalone version of Flash CMS with ActionScript 3.0 application programming interface (API).
- In April 2010 FlashMoto signed an agreement with FlashMint company. The main point is the teamwork on the new premium quality FlashMoto CMS Templates.
- In July 2010 FlashMoto released version 1.2 of Flash CMS that includes a lot of new features and improvements, among which are: control panel rebranding, under construction mode, website favicon, XML sitemap generator, control panel interface updates, speed improvements, etc.
- On July 15, 2010 FlashMoto presented in its Flash version a new module - Flash Video Gallery that allows users to embed video files and sort them according to the galleries.
- In September 2010 FlashMoto presented a new invention - Page Flip Flash CMS Component that allows users to create a digital Flash Flip book with a WYSIWYG Editor and CMS integrated.
- On September 29, 2010 - Company rebranding. FlashMoto changed the company name to MotoCMS, domain name to MotoCMS.com, as well as the website design and logo.
- On September 30, 2010 MotoCMS released version 1.3 (a major release of Moto CMS for Flash) that included the following innovations: Image Editor was added (that gives the ability to edit images directly within the control panel), as well as improvements to the Media Library were made (the abilities to sort media files and organize them using folders, to select multiple elements at once, to upload any types of files, to edit images directly within the control panel, to resize, rotate, mirror, crop images, etc.).
- On April 12, 2011 - MotoCMS released version 1.4 (a major release of Moto CMS for Flash) that improved the system functionality and added some new tools to the system. MotoCMS version 1.4 included the following innovations: object manipulation in the control panel was improved, the new module News Widged was added, the Contact Form module was improved, content saving process was optimized, automatic content recovery on errors added, etc.
- On July 7, 2011 - MotoCMS released version 1.5 (a major release of Moto CMS for Flash) that included the following innovations, tools and system improvements: an ability to create stretchable websites, Media Library Integration (YouTube) + Video Gallery, YouTube Quality option, Property dependencies, placement attributes, and others. Also, new modules HTML Widget and Social Network Sharing Slot were added to the system.
- On November 11, 2011 - MotoCMS released version 1.6 (a major release of Moto CMS for Flash) that was 100% based on the users' feedback and added many new tools and features to the system, namely Search widget, Background widget, Buy Now Button widget, etc. The released delivered some significant changes to the existing features (RSS widget, Contact Form widget, Media Library, HTML widget, etc.).
- In January 2012 - MotoCMS released the eCommerce Widget which enables to create an e-shop with appropriate functionality.
- On February 21, 2012 - MotoCMS released version 1.7 (a major release of Moto CMS for Flash) that added several new features to the system and updated MotoCMS to the latest Adobe Flash CS5.
- On May 22, 2012 - MotoCMS released version 1.8 (a major release of Moto CMS for Flash) which delivered a new Mobile Editor that allows its users to create mobile versions for their Moto CMS based websites.
- In July 2013 - MotoCMS officially released the new version of the admin panel for HTML with a collection of complete HTML website solutions on MotoCMS.com.
- HTML Version 1.1 delivered the following functionality: Carousel Gallery widget, Sliding Gallery widget and PayPal Button widget.
- HTML Version 1.1.3 added Reflection Gallery widget and Slider Gallery with Thumbnails widget.
Moto CMS is an advanced and feature-rich  content management system based on ActionScript 3 and realized as Rich Internet Application (RIA) on Flex. Its control panel allows users to incorporate modules without knowing Adobe Flash and to create the unlimited number of pages.
Moto CMS has the XML-based templating system, which includes widgets that can be rearranged without editing FLA file. There is a media library where users can upload images, video or SWF files & use them in any part of the website. It has a built-in gallery component for displaying a list of images and/or videos. The library supports all types of files (doc, pdf, txt, zip, etc.). The Image Editor integrated allows to edit images in the media library directly within the control panel. The Mobile Editor integrated into the control panel enables to create a mobile version of the website.
The following widgets are available within Moto CMS for Flash: Simple Elements (Close Button, Image, Link, Read More), Contact Form, Buy Button, Galleries (Custom Gallery Thumbnail List, Gallery Preview, Media Gallery Lightbox, Media Gallery Preview, Media Gallery Thumbnail List), General (Background Widget, HTML Widget, Rich Content, Search Field, Search results List, Share Button), Google Maps, Media Player, Menus, Music Player, News widget.
The following widgets are available within Moto CMS for HTML: Contact Form, Galleries (Background Slider, Carousel Gallery, Grid Gallery, Reflection Gallery, Slider, Slider with Thumbnails, Sliding Click Action Gallery, Sliding Gallery), General widgets (Button, HTML, PayPal Buy, PayPal Donate, Rich Content, Vimeo Video), Google Maps, Menus (Horizontal Menu, Vertical Menu).
Both HTML and Flash websites created with Moto CMS are indexable by search engines, and each page has their own URLs and Meta data. Deep linking and well built architecture stimulate search engine indexation. The following page and pop-up properties are available: keywords, meta description, “nofollow” and “noindex” attribute values, support for alt and title image attribute values. Moto CMS also allows users to define the Google Analytics details; and statistics of the website is tracked.
Moto CMS supports multiple languages providing users an opportunity to upload custom fonts. There is the custom module Online Font Creator that allows users to upload any font on their Flash websites. For HTML websites, Google Fonts are available. Developers may develop their own widgets and build them into websites and the control panel to improve Moto CMS functionality.
Switching templates: Moto CMS enables the replacement of one template by another. Coding might be necessary and should only be done by an advanced coder. Data is saved in external files but future version of Moto CMS will store data in the database.
Some users are concerned that Moto CMS Flash websites are not easily indexed by search engines. However, in reality pages of Moto CMS websites are organized to function in a way that Google entirely indexes Flash website content. Flash websites built with MotoCMS have two versions: Flash version (seen by users) and HTML version (seen by search engines).