(See other stations in Kanagawa)
|Neighborhood etc.||65 Yamashita-cho|
|Operator(s)||Yokohama Minatomirai Railway Company|
|Statistics||54,172 passengers/day (FY2011)|
Motomachi-Chukagai Station (元町・中華街駅 Motomachi-Chūkagai-eki?) is an underground railway station on the Minatomirai Line subway in Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan, operated by the third-sector railway operating company Yokohama Minatomirai Railway Company. It is numbered "MM06", and its official name, as shown on signage in the station, is "Motomachi-Chūkagai Station (Yamashita-kōen)" (元町・中華街駅（山下公園） Motomachi-Chūkagai-eki Yamashitakōen?) with the sub-name (Yamashita-kōen, referring to Yamashita Park) in parentheses, although the use of this full name is limited.
Motomachi-Chukagai Station is served by the underground Minatomirai Line, and is 4.1 km from the starting point of the line at Yokohama Station. Trains through-run to and from the Tōkyū Tōyoko Line from Shibuya Station and beyond on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line and Tobu Tojo Line and Seibu Ikebukuro Line.
Motomachi-Chukagai Station is an underground station with a single island platform serving two terminating tracks on the 4th basement ("B4F") level.
|1-2||■Minatomirai Line||for Yokohama
Tokyu Toyoko Line for Shibuya
Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line for Shinjuku-sanchōme, Ikebukuro, and Wakōshi
Tobu Tojo Line for Kawagoeshi and Shinrinkoen
Seibu Ikebukuro Line for Hannō
Motomachi-Chukagai Station opened on 1 February 2004, coinciding with the opening of the Minatomirai Line.
In fiscal 2011, the station was used by an average of 54,172 passengers daily.
- Yokohama Chinatown, one of the largest Chinatowns in the world with over 500 shops and restaurants. Exit from the Chūkagai Exit of the station.
- Motomachi Shopping Street, a fashionable shopping street, with stores carrying original style clothing and shoes, foreign imports, and European goods. Exit from the Motomachi Exit of the station.
- Yamate and Bluff areas, a historic neighborhood with many old foreign residences. Exit from the Motomachi Exit of the station, and walk east up the hill.
- Yokohama Marine Tower, the tallest lighthouse in the world. Exit from the Marine Tower Exit of the station, and walk north.
- Yamashita Park, a park facing Yokohama Harbor. Exit from the Yamashita Park Exit of the station, and walk north towards the ocean.
- Hotel New Grand, one of the oldest hotels in Yokohama. Exit from the Yamashita Park Exit of the station, and walk north.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Motomachi-Chūkagai Station.|
- Official website (Japanese)