||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2011)|
|Industry||Oil and lubricants|
|Founded||1917 Fritz Jenzer, 1920 Jenzer and Bucher, 1938 Bucher & Cie AG, 1947 Motorex.|
|Key people||Edi Fischer, CEO, Peter & Monique Regenass-Bucher Chairman|
|Products||Additives, lubricants, special fluids|
Motorex is a Swiss oil blending and manufacturing company located in Langenthal, Switzerland. It is currently the largest oil blending and manufacturing company in Switzerland and ships to over 75 countries. Motorex is owned by the Bucher AG Group which also holds two more affiliate companies namely Motorex-Toptech and the Bucher AG Langenthal. All three of these companies operate out of the main facility in Langenthal. There is also a separate location of storage-holding tanks on the other side of the city.
- 1917: The company is founded and located in Bützberg, specializing in leather and floor care products.
- 1938: The company relocated to Langenthal.
- 1947: The company starts selling lubricants under the brand name "Motorex", derived from its previous name Rex. It sells roughly one drum of oil per day.
- 1965: Shoe and floor care products are discontinued. Sales for motor and gear oils climb to 1,200 tonnes/year.
- 1992: Motorex is given the ISO-9001 quality certification (11 years later ISO-14001 for environmental management is added).
- 2001: Motorex is awarded the WORLD STAR for its 1-litre motor oil bottle with integrated pouring spout.
- More than 200 distributors worldwide
- Sales are at 135million Swiss Francs per year
Throughout the past years, the Motorex Racing Laboratory has managed to develop, together with leading racing teams, special racing products. These products are oils which have been optimized for racing purposes and as such have efficiency as their primary goal. When being compared with other top racing oils, the ones from Motorex enable the racing teams to deliver superior performance. Independent engine tests as well have confirmed these performance advantages.
A great number of international Top-Teams work together with Motorex. By way of example, KTM only uses Motorex products for its teams (Factory Racing). Another example would be the Yoshimura Suzuki Team which is dominant in the AMA Superbike for many years now.
Just to mention a few examples, since 2005, sponsorship agreements brought forward 11 Off-road World Champions such as Yves Demaria and Marvin Musquin; 8 World Champions in the Enduro class such as David Knight and Iván Cervantes; Mat Rebeaud was able to win the World Championship in Freestyle twice; and within the AMA Superbike more than 7 champion titles were collected by stars like Mat Mladin.
Last but not least it is interesting to note that sponsorship agreements also exist for Mountainbike where numerous titles were collected throughout the past years.
Motorex offers lubricants for virtually all domestic, commercial and industrial applications. Motorex packages their products in as small as 125ml additive packages all the way to drums and bulk packaging for motor, gear and hydraulic oil.
Some of the bigger, current product brands offered by Motorex include:
- For passenger cars: Motoroil Xperience, Select, Concept, Profile, Topaz
- For motorcycles: Motoroil Power Synt, Cross Power, Top Speed, Formula, Legend, products for chains and air filters, cleaning and maintenance products
- For bikes: Carbon grease, chain lube for wet & dry use and a great number of cleaning products
- For heavy duty vehicles/Transport: Motoroil Focus, MC Power Plus, Universal
- For marine: Motoroil Ocean FS, Ocean SP, Jet Speed
- For alpine: Motoroil Snowmobile Polar and Snowmobile Adventure, hydraulic oil Corex Polar, protective agent and lubricants for cable wires
- For agricultural applications: Motoroil Farmer MC, Farmer UNI, Extra SAE, Solomix, Forest & Garden
Within the industry sector, products for cutting are one of the core business activities. Being precise, fast and working in a cost-efficient way is very important in this field. Therefore many companies operating in the demanding professional metalworking market use products from Motorex’s Swissline such as cooling lubricants or cutting oil.
In summer 2010 Motorex produced a world first in cooling lubricants. SWISSCOOL TRESOR PMC (Precious Metal Catalyst) is the first cooling lubricant concentrate that is able to control bacteria growth without using any problematic ingredients. The emulsion contains bioactive precious metal catalysts which impede and sustainably limit bacterial growth over long periods of time. This is not only important due to environmental reasons but also because skin irritations such as rashes are no longer a problem for users.
In addition, Motorex is selling hydraulic oils, gear oils, fork oil, brake fluids, cooling lubricants and clean & care products.
This affiliated company of Motorex specializes in handling oil, grease and fluidities. Services include planning and designing fluid handling systems as well as grease guns, grease pumps and oil units
- Keller, H:"TIR trans News", page 56-57. August 2007
- "Motor Sport Suisse", page 22. June 2007 www.motosportsuisse.ch
- FIM Racing Results http://www.fim-live.com/en/
- Swiss Instruments Limited, http://www.swissinstruments.com/prod_coolant_motorex_tresor_pmc.html
- Interview with Michael Rocker, http://www.motorex.com/index.cfm?oid=1392&lang=en