Motorola Milestone XT720
|This article is outdated. (June 2011)|
|Release date||July 2010|
|Operating system||Android 2.1 (customs up to 4.0.4)|
|CPU||TI OMAP 3440 Arm Cortex A8 720 MHz|
|Memory||256 MB RAM|
|Storage||Onboard flash memory: 512 MB
Removable microSDHC: 8 GB (included), expandable up to 32 GB
|Display||854×480 px (0.41 MP) TFT LCD, 3.7 in (94 mm), FWVGA, 265 ppi, 16 million colors (24 bit), Gorilla Glass|
|Graphics||PowerVR SGX 530|
|Camera||Back: 8.0 MP, with 720p (1280×720 px) video at 24 fps or higher), geotagging, xenon flash, autofocus.
Touch to focus with easy panorama, face detection, multi-shot (6 shots in a row), face filter, red eye reduction, camera shake prevention, scene controls and effects
|Power||1390 mAh (BP6X)
Internal rechargeable removable lithium-ion polymer battery,
talk time: 270 minutes (3G), 540 minutes (2G), standby time: 320 hours
|Dimensions||115.95 mm (4.565 in) H
60.9 mm (2.40 in) W
10.9 mm (0.43 in) D
|Weight||160 g (5.6 oz)|
Features of the phone include a TI OMAP 3440 ARM Cortex A8 720 MHz CPU, 256 MB RAM, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g networking, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, micro-HDMI 1.4 (type D) port, with 720p video output, micro-USB 2.0.
It also features an 8 megapixel digital camera with xenon flash, a standard 3.5 mm headphone jack, interchangeable battery, 3.7 inch 854×480 px multi-touch capacitive touchscreen display. It also includes microSDHC support with bundled 8 GB card. It features the Gorilla Glass resistant coating.
If supports the following media formats:
- Audio: AMR-NB/WB, MP3, PCM, WAV, AAC, WMA eAAC, eAAC+, OGG
- Video: MPEG-4, H263, H264, WMV
The following carriers sold the Motorola Milestone XT720:
Motorola is unwilling to upgrade the Android 2.1 operating system preloaded on the Milestone XT720. Nevertheless, wireless operator Cincinnati Bell as well as third-party developers have provided means to install the Android 2.2 operating system on the XT720. Such upgrades are not certified by Motorola and involve the rooting of the smartphone.
Cincinnati Bell certified a 2.2 software upgrade that can be installed by anyone who owns this phone or by the service provider's store representatives for their customers. It has slight differences compared to an earlier update provided by D3xter.
- Motorola Milestone XT720 Release Date & Price, phoneslimited.co.uk, retrieved 2011-09-16
- Motorola Milestone XT720 – Specifications table, Motorola Mobility, Inc, retrieved 2011-09-16
- Gorilla Glass – Full products list, Corning, retrieved 2011-09-19
- Motorola Milestone XT720 Review, FoneArena, 01-12-2010, retrieved 2011-09-19 Check date values in:
- Motorola Milestone XT720 now official, the first Xenon-ish Droid, GSMArena, retrieved 2011-09-16
- "Motorola Milestone Upgrade". Cincinnati Bell. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- Official cincinnati bell froyo RELEASED, xda-developers, retrieved 2011-09-18
- "DISCONTINUED - ROM v1.3 Dexter's Froyo 2.2.1 for XT720". xda-developers. 2011-02-02. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Motorola Milestone XT720.|
- Official website
- Website at GSMArena
- Motorola XT720 upgrade Android 2.3.7 CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (French)