Moulton Township, Auglaize County, Ohio
|Moulton Township, Auglaize County, Ohio|
St. Patrick's Catholic Church, a township landmark
Location of Moulton Township in Auglaize County
|• Total||27.9 sq mi (72.3 km2)|
|• Land||27.9 sq mi (72.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||866 ft (264 m)|
|• Density||61/sq mi (23.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085768|
Located in the west central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Logan Township - north
- Duchouquet Township - east
- Pusheta Township - southeast corner
- Washington Township - south
- Saint Marys Township - southwest corner
- Noble Township - west
A small corner of Wapakoneta, the largest city and county seat of Auglaize County, is located in far eastern Moulton Township. As well, the unincorporated communities of Glynwood and Moulton lie in the township's southwest and south respectively.
Name and history
It is the only Moulton Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The township is split between the Wapakoneta City School District and the Saint Marys City School District.
The eastern section of the township is served by the Wapakoneta (45895) post office, the western section by the Saint Marys (45885) post office, and the northern section by the Buckland (45819) post office.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Moulton township, Auglaize County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 45. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Auglaize County, Ohio Atlas and History, Piqua: Magee Brother Publishing, 1917. Accessed 5 July 2007. Page 109.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.