Guildford Cemetery is surrounded by low-density houses with gardens and a covered reservoir beyond the east corner, immediately south of the successive residential streets of the Guildford Park and Farnham Road neighbourhoods west of Guildford, on the 'Guildown' or 'Mount' section of the western North Downs here forming the widest section of the Hog's Back. Guildford has in part views overlooking the town centre. Plots have been laid out to the maximum its civic authority owner permits as of the 2000s decade. Burials are permitted in plots reserved or within an existing family grave to the deceased subject to a maximum of four related burials per plot.
- Edward Carpenter, the gay socialist poet and activist
- Charles Lutwidge Dodgson ("Lewis Carroll"), the author of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- Edwin Heron Dodgson, the younger brother of C. L. Dodgson, a missionary
- All five of Charles and Edwin Dodgson's sisters are also buried here
Notes and references
- Guildford Borough Cemeteries website
- Mount Cemetery on Find A Grave website
- . . .and the Lord Taketh Away, by Roger Nicholas. ISBN 0-9543753-2-7