Mount Dennis LRT station
Old Kodak building on the north side of Eglinton Ave. with GO Transit lines crossing on the bridge in front
4 GO Transit
Mount Dennis is an LRT station and intermodal transit terminal currently under construction which will serve as the western terminus for the Toronto Transit Commission's Eglinton Crosstown line and subsequently as a stop on the GO Transit Kitchener line.
The station is to be built predominantly on land which was formerly the site of the Kodak Mount Dennis campus, which operated from 1918 to 2006. The complex will incorporate an underground LRT station, a 15 bay bus terminal, a GO train station, and the maintenance and storage facilities for the LRT rolling stock.
A draft prepared on April 10, 2013, established four designs for the station. In all the designs the underground LRT platform will be 150 meters long—long enough for four vehicle trainsets. Two designs placed the bus platform on the north side of Eglinton, accessed through a 230 metre pedestrian tunnel. In the other two designs the bus platform(s) were on the south side of Eglinton, accessed through a 260 metre pedestrian tunnel.
- James Armstrong (2013-09-13). "Community wants to preserve Kodak building while Metrolinx plans LRT station". Toronto: Global News. Archived from the original on 2013-09-15.
- John Lorinc (2012-11-23). "Down (but not out) Mount Dennis area pins hopes on Metrolinx". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- Rahul Gupta (2012-12-12). "Meeting to provide details on LRT station in Mount Dennis". York Guardian. Archived from the original on 2013-03-29.
The Mount Dennis underground stop at Weston Road would serve as the line’s western terminus point, said Metrolinx spokesperson Jamie Robinson on Friday, Dec. 7.
- James Bow (2013-09-04). "Future Mount Dennis Station (Kitchener Line/Eglinton LRT)". Transit Toronto. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
The connection was given new life with the launch of Eglinton LRT, operating from Jane Street east to Kennedy. A stop near Black Creek Drive would include a connection with the GO Kitchener line and a new stop on the Union Pearson Express.
- Tess Kalinowski (2010-02-16). "Residents ask TTC for LRT tunnel through Mount Dennis". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2014-11-22.
- "http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-57610.pdf". City of Toronto. 2013-04-10.