Mount Hiuchi seen from garden of Tengu
|Elevation||2,462 m (8,077 ft)|
|Prominence||1,637 m (5,371 ft)|
List of mountains in Japan
100 Famous Japanese Mountains
|Location||Itoigawa and Myōkō,
Niigata Prefecture, Japan
|Topo map||Geospatial Information Authority 25000:1 湯川内
Mount Hiuchi (火打山 Hiuchi-yama?) is one of the 100 Famous Japanese Mountains, reaching the height of 2,462 m (8,077 ft). It is situated in Japan's Kubiki Mountains in Niigata Prefecture. It was specified for Jōshin'etsu Kōgen National Park on July 10, 1956.
The surrounding is a Snow country (Japan). This mountain is famous for many Alpine plants on the upper part of the mountains above the tree line. Siberian Dwarf Pine can be see in the place and Rock Ptarmigan lives. This mountain is selected to " 100 famous Mountains with flowers" by Sumie Tanaka. She introduced Primula cuneifolia Ledeb. var. hakusanensis Makino of Primula as a represented flower. There are several climbing routes to the top of the mountain. There are Kōya pond and Kōya Mountain hut with campground in the southeast in the top of the mountain.
Scenery of Mount Hiuchi
|Mount Hiuchi seen from
garden of Tengu
|Kōya pond and
Kōya Mountain hut
seen from Mount Hiuchi
|Siberian Dwarf Pine
and Rock Ptarmigan
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mount Hiuchi (Niigata).|
- Jōshin'etsu Kōgen National Park
- List of mountains in Japan
- List of Ultras of Japan
- 100 Famous Japanese Mountains
- "Altitude of the main mountain in Japan (in Niigata prefecture)" (in Japanese). Geospatial Information Authority of Japan. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- "Japan Ultra-Prominences"". Peaklist.org. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "Map inspection service" (in Japanese). Geospatial Information Authority of Japan,(湯川内-妙高山-高田). Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- "100 Famous Japanese Mountains". Kyūya Fukada (in Japanese) (The Asahi Shimbun Company). July 1982. pp. 137–140. ISBN 4-02-260871-4.
- "Jōshin'etsu Kōgen National Park" (in Japanese). Ministry of the Environment (Japan). Retrieved April 2, 2011.