Mount Juliet High School
|Mt. Juliet High School|
Bear Pride Mount Juliet High.
|1800 Curd Road
Mt. Juliet, Tennessee 37122
|Type||Public grades 9-12|
Mount Juliet High School is located in Mount Juliet, Tennessee. The principal is Mel Brown. The high school moved from its previous building on Mt. Juliet Road to a new one located at 1800 Curd Road in Mt. Juliet on August 11, 2008.
The school slogan is Bear Pride Mount Juliet High.
- Mt Juliet High School emerged with a cable presence that started in 2000. The school operates a daily student news, weather, and sports unlike most any other school based student video program including colleges. Some of the student produced reports include international, health, sports, tech, and music news segments. One approach appealing to students is the Word of the Day, where students produced and act out comical skits pertaining to the school-selected Word of the Day. In fact the web reference on this page directs you to the school's station BNN for Bear's News Network.
- Mt. Juliet High School's girls basketball program won the 2005 3A State Championship. This occurred after a nearly perfect season in which they were ranked as high as 2nd in the nation (number 1 among public schools). The team's only loss that season was to Wilson Central High School.
- Mt. Juliet High School's Marching Band program placed 38th in the 2004 Grand National Championships in Indianapolis.
- The Winter Drumline placed 11th in the Open Class at the 2005 World Championships.
- The Winter Guard placed 1st in the Tennessee state championships in 2006 as well as 4th in the Southeastern Color Guard Circuit Competition.
- Mt. Juliet High School's Ladies of Vocal Excellence (L.O.V.E.) and Advanced Vocal Ensemble Choirs were ranked as Grand Champions in the 2004 Fiesta Val New York Choir Festival. L.O.V.E. took the best ladies' choir as well as the best choir overall trophies, and the Advanced Vocal Ensemble took the best mixed choir trophy. Trophies were also awarded to an outstanding student accompanist and outstanding director.
- Mt. Juliet High School's Mixed Vocal Ensemble, Concert Choir, Men of Vocal Excellence (M.O.V.E.) and Ladies Of Vocal Excellence (L.O.V.E.) all earned "Superior" scores at the Regional Choral Festival.
- The Mount Juliet Ice Hockey Team won the Predators Cup in 2003.
- The Mount Juliet Swim Team won Division 3 in the Mid-State during the 2006-2007 season.
- The Mount Juliet Baseball Team won the division title in 2008.
- Mt. Juliet High School's baseball team was state runner-up in 2009.
- The Mount Juliet Wrestling Team won Regional Duals in 2009,2010,and 2011
- The Mount Juliet Boys basketball team won the school's first regular season basketball championship in 2012.
Coaches: Mark Purvis, Barry Eddings.
The Bears finished runner up in the TSSAA state tournament. The Bears' road to the state tournament started by winning a fourth 9AAA district championship.
Wilson Central-Mt. Juliet rivalry
Wilson Central currently leads the series 4-5, but in 2009 Wilson Central (0-7) lost to Mt. Juliet (7-0), 2010 Mt. Juliet won 14-6 over Wilson Central.
On 11/9/2010 vandals defaced a rock "wall of honor" at Wilson Central High School. Displayed on the rock were the names of former Wilson Central Students who are or have served their country. The names are of former students, some of which have been injured and killed in action.
The MJHS Football team won the Region 4 5A Championship in 1995.
MJHS Football has picked up the ball since Head coach Roger Perry has stepped up to fill the position. Being in the playoffs every season since his joining the team in 2006.
MJHS Football won regional 10-0 and then lost in the playoffs 13-1 to Whitehaven.
- Amanda Butler, Head women's basketball coach at the University of Florida
- Barry E. Wilmore, NASA Astronaut
- Dale Wainwright, Texas Supreme Court Justice (2002-)
- Alysha Clark, Professional basketball player 
- Levi Brown, Professional quarterback for the Buffalo Bills
- Michael Jasper, Professional football player for the New York Giants. He previously played for the Buffalo Bills before being released by the club on Aug.13, 2012.
- Matthew Followill, Guitarist from band Kings of Leon
- Jared Followill, Bassist from band Kings of Leon
- Chris Jones, President and Founder of Nashville FC
- Alex Kramer, guitarist for Diddy, Brandy, Jason Derulo, Tyrese Gibson, Jason Michael Carroll, Kristy Lee Cook, Joey McIntyre of New Kids On The Block, and Tye Tribbett.
- Ben Hayslip, 2011 and 2012 ASCAP Country Music Songwriter of the Year
- "City obtains first Curd Rd right of Way," page 5. "Chronicle of Mt. Juliet," November 14, 2007
- 2005 Tennessee Girls State Basketball Summaries, Retrieved on November 24, 2007
- Mt. Juliet High School Band of Gold - Band Facts, Retrieved on November 24, 2007[dead link]
- Amanda Butler Named Florida Women's Basketball Head Coach, Retrieved October 28, 2008
- NASA Biography, Retrieved on May 17, 2009.
- "New Texas Supreme Court Justice began aspirations in Mt. Juliet," The Tennessean, May 29, 2003.
- Alysha Clark WNBA, Retrieved April 8, 2010
- SB Nation – Michael Jasper, Retrieved June 16, 2013
- Jasper Overcomes Enormous Odds On Journey To NFL
- Buffalo Bills – Michael Jasper Released, Retrieved June 16, 2013