Mount Klabat College
|Mount Klabat College|
|Perguruan Tinggi Klabat|
|Motto||Onward and Upward|
|Affiliation||Seventh-day Adventist Church|
|President||Tommy Amelius Mambu|
|Location||Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Mount Klabat College (Klabat University) is a Christian institution of higher learning. It was established on October 7, 1965 by "Gereja Masehi Advent Hari Ketujuh" (GMAHK). GMAHK is the Indonesian official name for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Indonesia. At present, the university is run by "Yayasan Universitas Klabat" under the care of "Uni Konfrens Indonesia Kawasan Timur" (UKIKT) or the East Indonesia Union Conference (EIUC) of the SDA.
Mount Klabat College is located in the North Sulawesi province of Indonesia, particularly in Airmadidi, a town near Manado city. Manado is the capital of North Sulawesi province. The college can be reached by public vehicles and would take about 30 minutes from Manado and the airport. The distance between Manado and Mount Klabat College is approximately 25 km.
The graduates of Mount Klabat College have been well-received within Indonesia. Recently, this institution was recognized as a leading private university in the central and eastern regions of Indonesia. The university alumni can be found in many parts of the world.
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Science, Education, and Teaching
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Nursing
- Secretarial Academy
- Postgraduate Studies
The teaching-learning process in the college is conducted in a religious environment. Besides knowledge and science, the moral and character developments of the students get a full attention of the university. Drugs, alcoholic drinks, and cigarettes are not allowed in the campus; moreover, the students are strongly encouraged not to use them outside the campus. A student's failure on this matter and other policies of the college will be resulted in the dropout of the student from the university. High discipline atmosphere of the campus life is a distinctive characteristic of this Christian institution. Christian values are highly respected and implemented by the institution.
- "Mount Klabat College". Adventist Organizational Directory. Seventh Day Adventist Church. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "Academics". Academics. Mount Klabat College. Retrieved 2009-08-20.
- "Mount Klabat College". Adventist Yearbook. General Conference Office of Archives & Statistics. Retrieved 2009-08-20.
- List of Seventh-day Adventist colleges and universities
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Adventist Colleges and Universities