Mount Moiwa Ropeway
The Mt. Moiwa Ropeway (藻岩山ロープウェイ Moiwayama Rōpuwei?) is Japanese aerial lift line in Sapporo, Hokkaidō. This is the only line Sapporo Development (札幌振興公社?) operates, while the company also operates a ski jumping course and an amusement park. Opened in 1958, the line climbs Mount Moiwa (藻岩山?). The observatory is built for the panoramic view of the city. There also is a ski resort.
- System: Aerial tramway, 2 track cables and 2 haulage ropes
- Distance: 1.2 kilometres (0.7 mi)
- Vertical interval: 366 m (1,201 ft)
- Passenger capacity per a cabin: 66
- Cabins: 2
- Stations: 2
- Time required for single ride: 5 minutes
The Mount Moiwa Ropeway is closed until 2012 for redevelopment.
- (English) Mt. Moiwa Ropeway official website
|This article about a Japanese aerial tramway, funicular line, or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|