Mount Morgan (Inyo County, California)
Morgan seen from Little Lakes Valley
|Elevation||13,758 ft (4,193 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||2,628 ft (801 m)|
|Parent peak||Mount Humphreys|
|Listing||Sierra Peaks Section|
|Location||Inyo County, California, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS Mount Morgan|
|First ascent||About 1870 by the Wheeler Survey party|
|Easiest route||Scramble,, class 2|
Morgan stands within the endorheic watershed of Owens Lake, now a dry lake since its main source of water, the Owens River, was diverted to supply Los Angeles. The west and north sides of Mt. Morgan drain into Rock Creek, thence into the Owens River. The east and south sides of Morgan drain into Morgan Creek, thence into Pine Creek, and into lower Rock Creek.
Morgan can be accessed by trail from Rock Creek Canyon, above Tom's Place on 395. Its trailhead is at the far end of the lake. The trail is well marked the first 4 miles (6.4 km) to Francis Lake, where it ends. From there it is a scramble up rocky slopes for 2 miles (3.2 km) miles to the summit.
See also 
- "Morgan". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey.
- "Mount Morgan, California". Peakbagger.com.
- "Mount Morgan". ListsOfJohn.com. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Sierra Peaks Section List". Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club. http://angeles.sierraclub.org/sps/spslist.pdf.
- Roper, Steve (1976). The Climber's Guide to the High Sierra. San Francisco: Sierra Club Books. ISBN 0-87156-147-6.
- "Mount Morgan". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- "Mount Morgan (S)". SummitPost.org. http://www.summitpost.org/page/151316. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
|This Inyo County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|