View from the east
|Elevation||8,517 ft (2,596 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||3,012 ft (918 m)|
|Location||Clark County, Nevada, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS Potosi|
Potosi Mountain, located in Clark County, Nevada, is one of the six high points surrounding Las Vegas. Potosi Mountain is about 30 miles (50 km) southwest of Las Vegas in the Spring Mountains, in Clark County of southern Nevada.
Potosi Mountain Broadcast Facility
Potosi Mountain serves as a major FM broadcast transmitter site for Las Vegas, with 7 full power FM stations transmitting from the top of Potosi, along with 1 FM Translator. The stations are KNPR 88.9, KCNV 89.7, KOMP 92.3, KPLV 93.1, and KXPT 97.1 all licensed to Las Vegas, KFRH 104.3 licensed to North Las Vegas, and KXTE 107.5, licensed to Pahrump, Nevada. A translator, K276BL, also operates from up here on 103.1, simulcasting KSOS 90.5 from Las Vegas. KXTE was the first tenant to broadcast from the top of the mountain and the first station in the United States to transmit in HD Digital.
- "Olcott". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey.
- "Potosi Mountain, Nevada". Peakbagger.com.
- "Potosi Mountain". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- "FCCInfo Search Results". FCCInfo.com.
- "Mount Potosi, Las Vegas, Nevada". Fybush.com.
- "Southern Nevada Repeater List". Amateur Electronic Supply.
|This Nevada state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|