Mount Shiomi seen from Mount Aino
|Elevation||3,047 m (9,997 ft)|
|Prominence||505 m (1,657 ft)|
|Listing||List of mountains and hills of Japan by height|
|Location||Chūbu region, Honshū, Japan|
Mt. Shiomi (塩見岳 Shiomi-dake?) is a mountain located in the centre of the Southern Alps on the border of Shizuoka and Nagano Prefectures. It is one of the 100 Famous Japanese Mountains. At 3,047 tall, it is the 16th tallest mountains and hills of Japan. There is the Mountaineering route on the ridge in Akaishi Mountains (Southern Alps).
- 1902 - Toranosuke Ienaka climbed the top for the Surveying investigation. Afterwards, the Triangulation station was set up in the peak on the west side.
- June 1, 1964 - The region in this mountain was specified for the Minami Alps National Park.
- 1977 - Shiomi Mountain hut was built in the west of the top .
Shiomi Mountain hut and Mount Shiomi
(seen from west)
- "Altitude of the main mountain in Japan (in Nagano prefecture)" (in Japanese). Geospatial Information Authority of Japan. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Shiomi-dake, Japan". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- "Minami Alps National Park". Ministry of the Environment (Japan). Retrieved 2011-04-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mount Shiomidake.|
- List of mountains in Japan
- 100 Famous Japanese Mountains
- Three-thousanders (in Japan)
- Akaishi Mountains
- Minami Alps National Park
|This Nagano Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Shizuoka Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|