Mount Simeon District
Mount Simeon District (Arabic: منطقة جبل سمعان / ALA-LC: manṭiqat Jabal Sem‘ān), also known as Jabal Sem`an, is a district (mantiqah) administratively belonging to Aleppo Governorate, Syria. At the 2004 official census, the district had a population of 2,412,072. Its administrative centre is the city of Aleppo.
The district of Mount Simeon is divided into seven sub-districts or Nāḥiyas (population according to 2004 official census):
- North Mount Simeon
- Mount Simeon Central Nahiyah (Aleppo city and its suburbs) (ناحية مركز جبل سمعان): population 2,181,061.
- Huraytan Nahiyah (ناحية حريتان): population 67,745.
- Darat Izza Nahiyah (ناحية دارة عزة): population 39,540.
- South Mount Simeon
- Al-Zirbah Nahiyah (ناحية الزربة): population 55,391.
- Al-Hader Nahiyah (ناحية الحاضر): population 20,834.
- Tell al-Daman Nahiyah (ناحية تل الضمان): population 47,501.
- Zammar Nahiyah (ناحية زمّار) - was part of Al-Zirbah sub-district until 2009