Mount Simeon District
Mount Simeon (Arabic: منطقة جبل سمعان / ALA-LC: manṭiqat Jabal Sem‘ān), also known as Jabal Sem`an, is a district (mantiqa) of the Aleppo Governorate in Syria. At the 2004 official census, the district had a population of 2,412,072. The centre of the district is the city of Aleppo.
The district of Mount Simeon is divided into 7 sub-districts or Nāḥiyas (population according to 2004 official census):
- Mount Simeon Central nahiyah (Aleppo city and its suburbs) (ناحية مركز جبل سمعان): population 2,181,061.
- Huraytan nahiyah (ناحية حريتان): population 67,745.
- Al-Zirbah nahiyah (ناحية الزربة): population 55,391.
- Darat Izza nahiyah (ناحية دارة عزة): population 39,540.
- Al-Hader nahiyah (ناحية الحاضر): population 20,834.
- Tell al-Daman nahiyah (ناحية تل الضمان): population 47,501.
- Zammar nahiyah (ناحية زمّار) (was part of the Al-Zirbah nahiyah until 2009).