Mount Hood Express
|Parent||Clackamas County Social Services|
|Commenced operation||2004 (Sandy-Rhododendron), 2013 (Sandy-Timberline)|
|Locale||Mount Hood Corridor, Clackamas County, Oregon|
|Daily ridership||1,800/month (as of 2013)|
|Mount Hood Express|
The Mount Hood Express travels along Highway 26 from Sandy east to Timberline Lodge, serving multiple ski resorts and the communities of Government Camp, Rhododendron, Zigzag, Welches, Wemme, and Brightwood
The Mount Hood Express operates seven days a week, providing five round trips daily between Sandy and Timberline, with an additional two round trips during the winter recreation season, December 1 through March 31.
The Mount Hood Express is supplemented by the Villages Shuttle, which provides an additional three local service round-trips from Sandy to Rhododendron, Monday-Friday only.
Multiple park and ride locations are available at the base of the mountain, in hopes of alleviating parking shortages at the ski resorts and reducing traffic safety concerns on the steep, twisting mountain roads.
From 2004 to 2013, the Mountain Express provided transportation service along Highway 26 between Sandy and Rhododendron, funded through Oregon's business energy tax credits, a program which ended in 2013.
In 2013, the newly-renamed Mount Hood Express formed a public-private partnership with Timberline Lodge, Mount Hood Skibowl, and The Resort at The Mountain, which provided matching funds for federal lands access program grants, enabling the system to expand bus service up the mountain to Government Camp and Timberline Lodge. Also in 2013, the system received funding from the Paul Sarbanes Transit In Parks grant program to purchase new vehicles featuring specialized equipment for transporting skis and snow boards, mountain bikes and other types of recreational equipment.
- Robert Reeves (March 14, 2013). "Letter from the Villages at Mt. Hood Transit Steering Committee". Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Mountain Express expanding services to Government Camp". http://www.clackamas.us/. August 20, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "Frequently Asked Questions - How is this service funded?". http://www.mthoodexpress.com/. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Aaron Abrams (29 July 2013). "New grant funding expands transportation on Mount Hood" (Press release). Clackamas County. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Mount Hood Express website
- The Sandy Post, 26 Dec 2013: Mt Hood Express Offers Worry Free Trip Up Mountain
- City of Sandy - Sandy Transit